News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

My First Ever Sign Photos

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, March 26, 2018, 10:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewiecking

Second to last photo above seems to show 2 different light housings; one has flat portions on the back and the other is completely round. Different models of Eagle Durasigs?

busman_49

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on March 29, 2018, 09:25:36 PM

iPhone

Quote from: davewiecking on April 10, 2018, 10:27:56 PM
Second to last photo above seems to show 2 different light housings; one has flat portions on the back and the other is completely round. Different models of Eagle Durasigs?

Yes, in that photo, the traffic signal on the left is an Econolite.  The one on the right is indeed an Eagle Durasig.

Scott5114

TheArkansasRoadgeek: The phone camera is fine for when you're out of the car, but I'd suggest getting a standalone camera with some form of optical zoom for in-car shots. That way, you can zoom in enough that the inside of the car is out of the frame, and you get more detail on the signs to boot.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 12, 2018, 03:42:14 AM
TheArkansasRoadgeek: The phone camera is fine for when you're out of the car, but I'd suggest getting a standalone camera with some form of optical zoom for in-car shots. That way, you can zoom in enough that the inside of the car is out of the frame, and you get more detail on the signs to boot.
All in due time, Scott... All in due time.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 12, 2018, 11:40:42 AM

I alternate between my digital camera and my phone camera.  The camera is good for quick shots. The phone is good for wide shots and sometimes for catching finer details.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on April 12, 2018, 08:28:14 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 12, 2018, 11:40:42 AM

I alternate between my digital camera and my phone camera.  The camera is good for quick shots. The phone is good for wide shots and sometimes for catching finer details.
I've started hitting the gym by the FS Public Library, so I'll try to get more photos of stuff. I noticed the grainy-ness of some photos with contrasting dark (or shitty lighting in general) skies.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

AsphaltPlanet

"Grainy-ness" of photos taken in low light is pretty typical, and is somewhat hard to avoid.  In lower light conditions (or in high contrast situations where the camera does some in camera dynamic range optimization) the camera amplifies light captured by the sensor to render an image.  It's that process of amplification that causes the grainy-ness.  Generally, you need to spend a lot of money on a camera and lens combination that is able to capture clean images in low light conditions.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

bugo

I didn't know that US 71B was still signed along US 64.

Nice US 271 error sign.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.