News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Easy national-level highways to clinch

Started by epzik8, August 31, 2016, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

One wouldn't instinctively think of "easy clinches" and Texas in the same thought, but US 96 can be clinched in less than a day.  Same with US 57, of course -- but the problem with that one is the distance involved getting TO the route, not over it!  Oh -- US 181 -- at least you stand a good chance of finding some above-average food at either end, the termini being in decent-sized cities!

jbnati27

Quote from: freebrickproductions on September 02, 2016, 03:04:50 PM
Just about any 3di would count for that matter, as they're all relatively short.
I would agree. I did take a drive to Columbus just to clinch I-270 as a teenager. Later I did I-275 around Cincinnati. I also had insisted I-189 was the way we needed to go to see Lake Champlain in Vermont, just to clinch it.

oldparoadgeek

I-83 between Harrisburg PA  and Baltimore is only about 90 miles. US 113 in Md and DE is only about 75 miles' a lot of it 4 lane; but not a freeway.Also US 48 is about  80-85 miles in WV and VA.  The western end leaves you pretty much in the middle of nowhere and seems like its going to be a LONG time until it is finished!!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.