News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Is passing on two-lane roads a lost art?

Started by 1995hoo, November 22, 2015, 09:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myosh_tino

Quote from: Quillz on November 25, 2015, 11:04:03 PM
In California, it's pretty hard to pass on two-lane roads now. I was just on the Maricopa Highway the other day (CA-33/CA-166) and wanted to pass a slow truck in front of me. Couldn't do it, because there were many other (speeding) trucks coming towards me. When I finally did pass, it was many miles later.

When I make trips to Las Vegas from the S.F. Bay Area, I quite frequently pass slow trucks (and some cars) on CA-46 between I-5 and CA-99 and on CA-58 in the Hinkley area.  Passing on that section of CA-58 will become a distant memory once the new Hinkley Bypass is opened later next year.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.