News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

There are roads on the Moon and Mars

Started by X99, April 01, 2019, 03:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X99

There are roads on the Moon. The moon rovers created tire tracks that are still visible to this day, making them track roads. The roads on Mars carry the same designation, but they were created by the Mars robots. None of the roads on Mars connect to each other, making it a very ineffective system. The roads on the Moon, however, are almost all connected, and all we need to add now is pavement and a Mobil gas station at the main intersection.
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

hotdogPi

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Big John

US 81

Quote from: X99 on April 01, 2019, 03:24:38 PM
There are roads on the Moon. The moon rovers created tire tracks that are still visible to this day, making them track roads. The roads on Mars carry the same designation, but they were created by the Mars robots. None of the roads on Mars connect to each other, making it a very ineffective system. The roads on the Moon, however, are almost all connected, and all we need to add now is pavement and a Mobil gas station at the main intersection.

Not exactly. There are probably overlapping tracks at each moon landing site but each of those sites is well-separated from the others. Hadley Rille, Descartes, and Taurus-Littrow (Apollo 15-17) were the only sites with rovers, although at Fra Mauro (14) and Oceanus Procellarum (12) there was a wheeled cart, like a wheelbarrow or rickshaw, to carry scientific equipment.

Oh - wait, was I not supposed to take you seriously? Sorry.....

X99

Quote from: US 81 on April 01, 2019, 03:59:35 PM

Not exactly. There are probably overlapping tracks at each moon landing site but each of those sites is well-separated from the others. Hadley Rille, Descartes, and Taurus-Littrow (Apollo 15-17) were the only sites with rovers, although at Fra Mauro (14) and Oceanus Procellarum (12) there was a wheeled cart, like a wheelbarrow or rickshaw, to carry scientific equipment.

Then we need to connect the sites, but that wouldn't take much work if they're all in the same general area of the Moon, right?

kphoger

There are roads on the Moon. The moon rovers created tire tracks that are still visible to this day, making them track roads.

Quote from: X99 on April 01, 2019, 04:07:44 PM
Then we need to connect the sites,

This sounds like a job for  . . .

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

X99

Quote from: kphoger on April 01, 2019, 04:42:04 PM
There are roads on the Moon. The moon rovers created tire tracks that are still visible to this day, making them track roads.

Wasn't it Roadgeekteen who proposed the highways on and between the Moon and Mars?

hotdogPi

Quote from: X99 on April 01, 2019, 04:48:27 PM
Quote from: kphoger on April 01, 2019, 04:42:04 PM

Wasn't it Roadgeekteen who proposed the highways on and between the Moon and Mars?

I don't think anyone has ever proposed a Moon-Mars highway (except in Pennsylvania), only Earth-Moon and Earth-Mars.
Clinched, plus MA 286

US 81

Then we need to connect the sites, but that wouldn't take much work if they're all in the same general area of the Moon, right?

If by 'same general area', you mean within 990mi/1600km, then, yes, they're in the...same...general...area....

X99

Quote from: US 81 on April 01, 2019, 05:06:46 PM

If by 'same general area', you mean within 990mi/1600km, then, yes, they're in the...same...general...area....
Then start at the flag and connect all the paths to that. It might take a while, so we should probably build the Mobil first.

nexus73

Pave The Earth!  We'll get the rest of the planets later...LOL!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

renegade

Quote from: X99 on April 01, 2019, 04:48:27 PMWasn't it Roadgeekteen who proposed the highways on and between the Moon and Mars?
Actually, I thought it was Marf, or maybe one of his sock puppets.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

roadman65

Quote from: renegade on April 01, 2019, 07:15:18 PM
Quote from: X99 on April 01, 2019, 04:48:27 PMWasn't it Roadgeekteen who proposed the highways on and between the Moon and Mars?
Actually, I thought it was Marf, or maybe one of his sock puppets.
Wasn't it fritzowl?  Wait....his was trans oceanic not trans space.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

US71

Just don't drink the water on Mars. Don't even touch it. Not one drop.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

X99

Quote from: US71 on April 01, 2019, 11:08:20 PM
Not even the stuff in the ice caps?

US71

Quote from: X99 on April 01, 2019, 11:16:50 PM
Not even the stuff in the ice caps?

No.

Verlanka

Isn't the water frozen, though?

US71

Quote from: Verlanka on April 02, 2019, 08:25:49 AM

If I have to explain a joke, it's no longer funny.

hotdogPi

You can already get from the Moon to Mars in under an hour.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Verlanka

Quote from: 1 on April 02, 2019, 09:14:20 AM
You can already get from the Moon to Mars in under an hour.

That's in Pennsylvania, though.

vdeane

Quote from: Verlanka on April 02, 2019, 08:25:49 AM

Do you want to end up like this?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Verlanka

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Verlanka

Rothman

Psst:  Water zombies on Mars don't actually exist.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.