Unusual / ornate streetlight poles

Started by txstateends, September 06, 2013, 08:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txstateends

Several months ago, the town of Addison, TX did an upgrade of their median streetlight poles to a new and very different style.  Instead of their usual brown parking-lot style poles with orange lights, a new gray, curved style was put in, with white LED lights, a first for the town.  They were installed along Belt Line Road between the Dallas North Tollway and Marsh Lane.  Sorry I haven't been able to get good night shots of the lights yet, just some early-morning versions:

Anyone else with some unusual or different streetlight poles?
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

1995hoo

You can find them on Street View (I don't know how to link it from an iPad).... In Hershey, PA, the street lamps look like Hershey Kisses, at least along the main streets (Chocolate Avenue being the primary one).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Alps

roadman65

Deal, NJ used to have ugly street lamp poles along Ocean Avenue.  They were weirdly bent in design and most likely created by the same person who created the idea not to paint center lines on the street, but use raised cobble stones that are still in view on GSV.   Now I see they've been replaced with a different design, but not so much out of the ordinary like their predecessors were.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hm insulators

Quote from: txstateends on September 06, 2013, 08:06:00 PM
Several months ago, the town of Addison, TX did an upgrade of their median streetlight poles to a new and very different style.  Instead of their usual brown parking-lot style poles with orange lights, a new gray, curved style was put in, with white LED lights, a first for the town.  They were installed along Belt Line Road between the Dallas North Tollway and Marsh Lane.  Sorry I haven't been able to get good night shots of the lights yet, just some early-morning versions:

Anyone else with some unusual or different streetlight poles?

Those look like giant versions of a halogen lamp my mother owns that doesn't work right. :D
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

1995hoo

^^^

I'm currently reading the prequel to John Christopher's Tripods trilogy (just released for the Kindle today). Those lamps look like something related to the Tripods!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.