News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Business Crossings

Started by US71, December 13, 2012, 09:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

With the official dedication of I-49 in Missouri and the replacement of Bus US 71 with BL 49, there is now an intersection on Joplin where one Business Loop crosses another (BL 49/BL 44).  Where else do two Business Loops cross? I know Cheyenne, WY has BL 80 and BL 25. Is there anyplace else?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

Not two loops, but isn't there an intersection of BL I-44 and BS I-44 near Fort Leonard Wood?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

Buffalo, WY has 25 Biz ending at 90 Biz. Sioux Falls, SD has an intersection of 29 Biz Spur, 90 Biz Spur, and 229 Biz Loop. Tremonton, UT has 15 Biz and 84 Biz, mostly overlapping but splitting to the northwest. Greensboro, NC briefly had a merge of 40 Biz and 85 Biz. Lansing, MI has a crossing of 69 Biz and 96 Biz. Port Huron, MI has a partial overlap of 69 Biz and 94 Biz. Alanland does not have a Goat Biz.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

agentsteel53

Quote from: NE2 on December 13, 2012, 09:38:25 AMAlanland does not have a Goat Biz.

yes it does.  it crosses itself compulsively in times of great nervousness.

in Williams, AZ, I believe business loop 40 turns into business spur 40.  Spur 40 is signed precisely once, at its west end. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kphoger

Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 13, 2012, 10:01:30 AM
Quote from: NE2 on December 13, 2012, 09:38:25 AMAlanland does not have a Goat Biz.

yes it does.  it crosses itself compulsively in times of great nervousness.

OK, I know the Orthodox church goes right to left, and the Roman Catholic church goes left to right.  How to Alanlandianerites cross themselves?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

pianocello

Lansing, MI: Business 69 and Business 96 actually have 4 different intersections (they're both one-way pairs).
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2012, 09:08:02 AM
Not two loops, but isn't there an intersection of BL I-44 and BS I-44 near Fort Leonard Wood?

Yes.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

corco

QuoteBuffalo, WY has 25 Biz ending at 90 Biz.
5 signs say it ends at I-90, 1 sign says it ends at I-90 Business. Either way they do split in downtown Buffalo

Alps

Business I-69 and Business I-94 meet and multiplex in Port Huron.

Roadsguy

Former Business I-40 and 85 multiplexed in Greensboro, NC.

"Borrowed" from Wikipedia
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

JCinSummerfield

Businesses I-94 & US-23 in Ann Arbor.

1995hoo

Not business "loops" per se since they're just designated as "Business," but US-29 Business and US-250 Business meet at the crossroads of Emmet Street and Ivy Road/University Avenue (the latter changes names when you cross Emmet Street) in Charlottesville, Virginia.

US-17 Business meets US-15 Business and US-29 Business (the latter two multiplexed) at a crossroads in Warrenton, Virginia; the three continue south together.

US-29 Business has a cloverleaf interchange (minus one ramp) with US-58 Business in Danville, Virginia.

Green I-85 (I believe, but do not remember for sure and am too lazy to verify, that it's signed as a Business Loop) has an interchange with US-311 Business in High Point, North Carolina. Meanwhile, the same Green 85 is multiplexed with US-29 and US-70 and the latter two routes split off at Lexington to have their own business routes through town (they rejoin Green 85 on the other side of town).

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

agentsteel53

Quote from: kphoger on December 13, 2012, 03:09:52 PM

OK, I know the Orthodox church goes right to left, and the Roman Catholic church goes left to right.  How to Alanlandianerites cross themselves?

up down up down left right left right A B A B select start
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.