News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

'Obsolete' songs?

Started by mgk920, July 07, 2016, 11:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon daly

My dad had a CB radio when they were huge. He went to supermarkets all over CT as a wholesaler and it might've helped with getting him on the quickest route between stores.

golden eagle

"Funky Cold Medina"  by Tone Loc: "This is the 80s and I'm down with the ladies..."
"Wild Wild West"  by Escape Club: "Headed for the 90s, living in the 80s..."
"Back That Thang Up"  by Juvenile: "Cash Money takin' over from the nine nine to the 2000s..."

And how can we forget "Beepers"  by Sir Mix-A-Lot? I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a beeper.

Verlanka

Ben Folds' "Late" has the line "I put the Walkman on" when the Walkman hasn't existed in about a decade.

kphoger

Quote from: Verlanka on June 28, 2019, 05:40:34 AM
Walkman hasn't existed in about a decade.

They still exist.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kevinb1994

Quote from: kphoger on June 28, 2019, 02:21:30 PM
Quote from: Verlanka on June 28, 2019, 05:40:34 AM
Walkman hasn't existed in about a decade.
They still exist.
I had a digital Walkman (no disc nor tape) earlier this decade. It ran a much older version of Android (4, Ice Cream Sandwich).

kphoger

What I meant is that they didn't stop existing.  People still have them.  You can buy them on eBay.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

golden eagle

Quote from: kphoger on June 28, 2019, 04:48:26 PM
What I meant is that they didn't stop existing.  People still have them.  You can buy them on eBay.

And sellers have jacked up the prices on them. I saw Sony Walkmans being so for nearly or even over $200. I used to buy them for less than $30 in the 90s.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.