News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hotels you like to stay at while on the road

Started by golden eagle, June 22, 2010, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elsmere241

I've been burned a couple of times by Choice, and I'm skeptical about going back to them.

Motel 6 works OK for me - except for the one off New York Avenue in Washington, DC.

realjd

Quote from: elsmere241 on November 15, 2013, 01:36:48 PM
I've been burned a couple of times by Choice, and I'm skeptical about going back to them.

Motel 6 works OK for me - except for the one off New York Avenue in Washington, DC.

Location, location, location. That particular stretch of New York Ave is not exactly a nice part of DC. It's no Anacostia, but it's not exactly Georgetown either. As a general rule, avoid anything in NE or SE DC, especially at night. There are exceptions (the area NE around Union Station is fine), but it's a good generalization.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.