News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Random, impulsive from-the-hip...facts

Started by hm insulators, February 13, 2013, 03:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

english si

Quote from: djsinco on February 16, 2013, 01:37:41 PM
Now I know why my size 12 shoes always fit so tightly. :love:
Stop perpetuating the clowns' lie that big feet = big penis: if we give it airtime, more mums will believe it and pay these sadistic creeps to spend time with their children just so they can get close the supposedly massive man meat! Think of the CHILDRUUUN!

Speaking of which: Coulrophobia, outside of actual properly phobic reactions to clowns (panic attacks, an inability to be near them, etc), is a perfectly natural reaction to the unchanging smile on a clown's face (for it is that what is scary). And their sadism, of course!

I've only found two clowns funny: this chap (played by that guy) : crazy evil and openly blatant about it and Mr Jelly, who is as depressing as he feels depressed. Both have some sort of integrity of emotions (and the dark tones of the fictional works they were in helped a lot).

CNGL-Leudimin

My region is named Aragon, which is only two letters away from Oregon. In fact, we have a show on the regional TV named Oregón Televisión, and sometimes I call this region like the state.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

DaBigE

Madison, Wisconsin has the world's only mid-water crossing of two rail lines.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

NE2

Quote from: DaBigE on February 17, 2013, 03:47:28 AM
I really doubt this. Especially seeing as Madison's crossing is actually on fill, not bridge.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on February 17, 2013, 07:07:22 AM
I really doubt this. Especially seeing as Madison's crossing is actually on fill, not bridge.
Yeah, you could count the whole Meadowlands on that basis.

hbelkins

I wear size 13 shoes. That certainly does not translate to any other part of my anatomy.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

The High Plains Traveler

Quote from: hbelkins on February 17, 2013, 03:03:15 PM
I wear size 13 shoes. That certainly does not translate to any other part of my anatomy.
And my feet have been spreading/growing as I age. Unfortunately...
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

1995hoo

Quote from: kphoger on February 16, 2013, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on February 15, 2013, 09:40:37 PM
Supposedly the larger a man's foot, the bigger his penis [...] As a straight male, I have no evidence to prove nor disprove this...

Even if you were a gay man (or a straight woman)......I, for one, would still find it odd that you had taken the time to measure your partners' feet and penises over a period of time sufficient enough to notice a trend.

:rofl: :rofl:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

DaBigE

Quote from: NE2 on February 17, 2013, 07:07:22 AM

Where did I ever say it was via a bridge?

And if you doubt the information, contact Stuart D. Levitan, as it is also published in his book Madison: The Illustrated Sesquicentennial History, Volume 1. Incidentally, I was told this information before I read it in the book.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

NE2

Quote from: DaBigE on February 17, 2013, 04:27:04 PM
And if you doubt the information, contact Stuart D. Levitan, as it is also published in his book Madison: The Illustrated Sesquicentennial History, Volume 1. Incidentally, I was told this information before I read it in the book.
Look up "urban legend".

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

broadhurst04

Quote from: broadhurst04 on February 15, 2013, 09:23:54 PM
The length of your foot is said to be equal to the distance between your wrist and your elbow.

I just held my feet up against my arms while sitting on the couch and found this to be untrue (although I'm sure the "is said" part may have some truth).

Actually, it isn't true for me, either. But I thought perhaps my discrepancy could be explained by my birth defect and that it might be true for others. I don't remember where I read that but I guess it seemed legitimate and it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this thread. Anyway, I think it's cool that you were curious enough to investigate it for yourself.

CL

This style of state highway shield only survived for a year.

May it rest in peace.

Infrastructure. The city.

J N Winkler

Another rule of thumb about body measurements:  your height at age 2 is half your eventual adult height, while your height at age 3 is either 60% or 55% of your adult height (depending on whether you are a boy or girl).
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

amroad17

The village (and town) of Camillus, NY is the only municipality named Camillus in the US.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

1995hoo

Quote from: broadhurst04 on February 17, 2013, 07:30:28 PM
Quote from: broadhurst04 on February 15, 2013, 09:23:54 PM
The length of your foot is said to be equal to the distance between your wrist and your elbow.

I just held my feet up against my arms while sitting on the couch and found this to be untrue (although I'm sure the "is said" part may have some truth).

Actually, it isn't true for me, either. But I thought perhaps my discrepancy could be explained by my birth defect and that it might be true for others. I don't remember where I read that but I guess it seemed legitimate and it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this thread. Anyway, I think it's cool that you were curious enough to investigate it for yourself.

I tried my damnedest to take a picture but just couldn't contort myself that far and I don't want to ask my wife to do it for me!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Alps

Quote from: amroad17 on February 18, 2013, 09:38:47 PM
The village (and town) of Camillus, NY is the only municipality named Camillus in the US.
Big Bone Lick State Park is the only... you know.

amroad17

Yes, I know--considering I live only 20 miles from it.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

djsinco

I like Hungry Mother State Park in VA. I have never been there, but I am certain I would like it.
3 million miles and counting

hm insulators

Quote from: djsinco on February 19, 2013, 02:32:30 AM
I like Hungry Mother State Park in VA. I have never been there, but I am certain I would like it.

You also might like Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Arizona.

Back to from-the-hip facts: The only royal palace in the United States is in Honolulu, Hawaii.

A cat is on the wrong side of every door.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

mgk920

All banana trees that are currently used to grow fruit for popular consumption are genetically identical, essentially clones of each other.  The only way that they reproduce is through cuttings.

Mike

djsinco

That is pretty much the only way I reproduce, as well.

NE2

Quote from: djsinco on February 20, 2013, 02:47:08 AM
Randomly, impulsively, from the hip?

djsinco

:wow:
Quote from: NE2 on February 20, 2013, 03:02:27 AM
Quote from: djsinco on February 20, 2013, 02:47:08 AM
Randomly, impulsively, from the hip?

:wow: Sorry, tho. I don't do goats...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.