For those of you who say "Pooing is cool".....

Started by 1995hoo, June 21, 2013, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

Want to use your iPad on the toilet?

Quote4.0 out of 5 stars Read the fine print February 25, 2013
By T. Kim
This is a great product but to get the full potential out of it, you have to purchase the additional apps from the apps store and, unfortunately, they are not cheap. Without the additional apps, this is just a holder but if you get the bidet app then it becomes a refreshing bathroom experience. My favorite app though is the butt wipe app. Now you don't even need to awkward reach back to wipe. You just open the app, stick your butt on the iPad and it does all the wiping for you. How did we ever live without this!

Notice also the "Frequently Bought Together" link to the child's potty with an iPad holder.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

US71

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 21, 2013, 04:05:26 PM
Want to use your iPad on the toilet?

Quote4.0 out of 5 stars Read the fine print February 25, 2013
By T. Kim
This is a great product but to get the full potential out of it, you have to purchase the additional apps from the apps store and, unfortunately, they are not cheap. Without the additional apps, this is just a holder but if you get the bidet app then it becomes a refreshing bathroom experience. My favorite app though is the butt wipe app. Now you don't even need to awkward reach back to wipe. You just open the app, stick your butt on the iPad and it does all the wiping for you. How did we ever live without this!

Notice also the "Frequently Bought Together" link to the child's potty with an iPad holder.

Then there's the all-in-one iPoo'd   :hyper:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hbelkins

The paper is backwards on the roller.

And two phrases you will never hear me utter...

"Pooing is cool" and "About the sky..."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

Quote from: hbelkins on June 21, 2013, 11:20:25 PM
The paper is backwards on the roller.

It is?  It looks perfectly fine to me.  It's when the paper is put over that it is backwards.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

NE2

For some reason I came to know HB's over-the-top method as "old granny style" during my formative years.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

1995hoo

I have always hung the paper roll down the wall.

But I think the real rule there is that you don't change it when you visit someone else's house–or, if you change it for your own use while you're in there, you put it back the way your host had it before you exit the room. I know some people who say "it should be over-the-top" and so they will reverse the rolls in other people's houses. That's rude.

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

1995hoo

Quote from: Duke87 on June 22, 2013, 10:40:32 AM
There is a positively epic Wikipedia article on this subject. It's serious business!  :sombrero:

I remember when Leno interviewed the inventor of the Tilt-a-Roll. Brilliant idea that instantly resolves this dispute:

http://www.marketlaunchers.com/batts.html

Brandon

There is a positively epic Wikipedia article on this subject. It's serious business!  :sombrero:

In other news, do you prefer the toilet set up, down, or put the lid down?

I always close the lid after use, even in other people's homes.  Anything else is unsanitary.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

Do you want to know why I prefer it to come over the top?

Do you really want to know?

If the paper has some sort of embossed pattern, with it coming over the top, when you fold the paper for use, the protrusions on the embossed patterns stick out, helping with the cleaning when you wipe.

1995hoo

Quote from: Brandon on June 22, 2013, 05:02:19 PM

I always close the lid after use, even in other people's homes.  Anything else is unsanitary.

In someone else's house I put the seat and lid the way I found them.

english si

Quote from: Brandon on June 22, 2013, 05:02:19 PMI always close the lid after use, even in other people's homes.  Anything else is unsanitary.
You would hate most disabled toilets then - they don't have lids, just seats...

Duke87

OK, if we're going to have this conversation...

My toilet is a little on the small side (hey, cramped NYC apartment). As a result I find it is awkward for me to sit on with the seat down (the hole is too small), so I sit directly on the bowl and the seat is perpetually left up until someone female visits.

My TP is always "over", although I have no justification for that preference other than that that was the way it always was in my house growing up.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Brandon

Quote from: hbelkins on June 22, 2013, 05:11:55 PM

If the paper has some sort of embossed pattern, with it coming over the top, when you fold the paper for use, the protrusions on the embossed patterns stick out, helping with the cleaning when you wipe.

Nothing stops the user from doing that when the paper is under.

Takumi

With regards to keeping the seat down, even though I live alone, I do it because if I keep the seat up my Lab will drink from the toilet, and get mad when I close it. I normally keep the roll over, but right now it's under. I don't really care one way or the other.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

formulanone

We used to have a cat which couldn't figure out the underhanded roll, so we adapted. The kids both figured it out soon enough.

kphoger

Quote from: Brandon on June 22, 2013, 09:58:01 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on June 22, 2013, 05:11:55 PM

Nothing stops the user from doing that when the paper is under.

I know.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.  You rip the paper off the roll–whichever way it's hung–then fold it however your heart desires.  Personally, I just wad mine up into a ball, so it's a moot point.  We hang ours over the roll in our house, but my parents hang theirs under the roll in theirs.  Somehow, I've managed to survive the horror.

Then there are those who store the toilet paper vertically, either on a holder designed that way or just set down on the back of the tank, a shelf, or a counter.  Again, somehow I've managed to survive in those situations.  Maybe I'm just more adaptable than some people...

Quote from: Brandon on June 22, 2013, 05:02:19 PM

I always close the lid, but not because poo flecks might land on my toothbrush or whatever else is considered unsanitary.  I'm not a germaphobe.  The reason I close it is so things don't fall into the toilet.  It's no fun fish a bottle of aftershave out of the toilet bowl, especially if your kid forgot to flush last time he used the john.

Quote from: Duke87 on June 22, 2013, 08:19:51 PM
My toilet is a little on the small side (hey, cramped NYC apartment). As a result I find it is awkward for me to sit on with the seat down (the hole is too small), so I sit directly on the bowl and the seat is perpetually left up until someone female visits.

I nearly always pee sitting down.  Less messy that way.  But I squat instead of sitting probably every other time I poo.  I find that it straightens out the "tubes" better and makes for fewer danglers.  I stopped squatting on toilet seats after having broken one or two that way, so now I squat directly on the rim of the bowl.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

This thread is rapidly degenerating into a TMI-fest.

Or turning to poo, if you will.  :-D

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on June 24, 2013, 01:41:59 PM

Or turning to poo, if you will.  :-D

Time to flush it, perhaps?   
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on June 24, 2013, 01:41:59 PM

I'm sorry but, when you clicked on a thread that said "Pooing is cool" in the topic, what exactly did you expect to find?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

english si

Quote from: kphoger on June 24, 2013, 11:04:07 AMBut I squat instead of sitting probably every other time I poo.  I find that it straightens out the "tubes" better and makes for fewer danglers.  I stopped squatting on toilet seats after having broken one or two that way, so now I squat directly on the rim of the bowl.
Throughout Asia, signs like this are common:

unless you have one of these it must be hard to balance (and you really don't want to fall off!):

I agree that squatting is better for pooing. I've also heard it said by someone that their chiropractor recommended squatting (not on the toilet)  for 5 minutes a day as something good for the back - something we always used to do, until we started building privies with seats.

NE2

Alps

kphoger

Quote from: english si on June 24, 2013, 05:59:49 PM
unless you have one of these it must be hard to balance (and you really don't want to fall off!):

Not really.  I'm skinny, which helps matters, since I can sit back on my haunches rather easily.  I also have a decent sense of balance.  Plus, there's usually a counter, rail, or wall within reach to support myself on if need be.

The only real downside (besides leaving shoe prints on the toilet bowl rim) is that the splashes go higher.  :bigass:
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.