News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Songs stuck in your head?

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, November 06, 2019, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

planxtymcgillicuddy

What are some songs that's been in your head recently? For me, I heard The Passenger on the radio about a week ago, and it's been in my head ever minute since
It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

Throckmorton

Today it's "Little House I Used To Live In" from Fillmore East - June 1971 by The Mothers.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQGNUGbziBg Track 1   

Proceed with caution

1995hoo

With the World Series championship last week, "Baby Shark."

https://youtu.be/EG0Pv_7qwGc
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

renegade

I've been going through a weird country phase lately, so "Heartache Medication" by John Pardi is stuck there right this minute.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

roadman

Woke up the other morning with Robin Lane and the Chartbusters When Things Go Wrong in my head.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

renegade

Quote from: kphoger on November 06, 2019, 04:38:59 PM
Quote from: renegade on November 06, 2019, 02:35:27 PM
weird country

What artists fall into that category?
No, actually it’s a weird phase for me because i’m usually more into what some would call ‘classic rock,’ but for the last month or so I have been listening to the local country stations.

I thought country music was weird back in my day. 

US71

Right now, I have Linda Ronstadt covering Buddy Holly
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

allniter89

To Love Somebody by Bee Gees & Janis Joplin, separate renditions.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

jp the roadgeek

Had Powderfinger by Neil Young and Crazy Horse stuck in my head earlier today.  I figured the line " But I just turned 22"  applied to me since I just turned Double 22.

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

planxtymcgillicuddy

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on November 06, 2019, 09:18:25 PM
Had Powderfinger by Neil Young and Crazy Horse stuck in my head earlier today.  I figured the line " But I just turned 22"  applied to me since I just turned Double 22.

A great one.....that whole album is tremendous
It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

ErmineNotyours

Went to see a community theater production of American Idiot a few years ago, and got the second song of the show, "Jesus of Suburbia," stuck in my head, day and night, for two or three days.  Usually when I'm forced to listen to the rap station at work I get those "songs" stuck in my head.

bing101

Gin Blossoms Found about you got my head.

index

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

kphoger

I find that listening to a song all the way to the end helps prevent it getting stuck in my head.  When this is inconvenient (arriving at my destination while listening to the radio), I try to shut it off at a point where the music resolves to the tonic.  If I turn it off right in the middle of a phrase, then it's more likely to get stuck in my head.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

ftballfan

World Turning by Fleetwood Mac (from 1987, when Lindsey Buckingham had just left the first time; Mick Fleetwood's drum vest steals the show)

1995hoo

Today's paper has a review of Emilia Clarke's new movie. I didn't read the review, but seeing her picture made me think of "Game of Thrones" and now I have the South Park version of that show's theme music stuck in my head:

https://youtu.be/cNACsbSwAHY
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

adventurernumber1

Lately (including at the exact moment) I've had " She Said She Said"  by The Beatles" stuck in my head a lot, since recently I have often been listening to the " Revolver" album, as well as others (such as Rubber Soul).

I tend to enjoy getting good songs like these stuck in my head, even if they keep repeating over and over again. But once a bad song gets stuck in my head (such as one I involuntarily hear on the radio or someone else playing), then it becomes torture.  :biggrin:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

roadman

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on November 10, 2019, 09:45:07 AMBut once a bad song gets stuck in my head (such as one I involuntarily hear on the radio or someone else playing), then it becomes torture.  :biggrin:

There's a remedy for having a song stuck in your head.  Try to sing the song (whatever it is) to the tune of Amazing Grace.  Don't know why, but the song will go away.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

US71

Quote from: roadman on November 12, 2019, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: adventurernumber1 on November 10, 2019, 09:45:07 AMBut once a bad song gets stuck in my head (such as one I involuntarily hear on the radio or someone else playing), then it becomes torture.  :biggrin:

There's a remedy for having a song stuck in your head.  Try to sing the song (whatever it is) to the tune of Amazing Grace.  Don't know why, but the song will go away.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

renegade

Quote from: US71 on November 12, 2019, 12:24:41 PM
Quote from: roadman on November 12, 2019, 11:53:30 AM

Yeah, didn't get me with that one.

roadman65

Love Reign O'er Me by the Who.  The grand ending on it with Keith Moon's drum roll mixed with Townsend's guitar windmills, plus the last verse with Daltrey and his screaming voice is a sight!
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

renegade

Today's song is "Even Though I'm Leaving"  by Luke Combs.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.