News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Songs stuck in your head?

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, November 06, 2019, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Yesterday many Genesis songs were in my head at work.  One especially from Selling England By The Pound called Fifth of Firth.  It was the one from that album with the nice guitar solo from Steve Hackett and the great piano intro by Tony Banks and one of three long songs on it as it had some very long tracks on both sides.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadrunner75

Quote from: roadman65 on June 30, 2020, 03:52:22 PM
Yesterday many Genesis songs were in my head at work.  One especially from Selling England By The Pound called Fifth of Firth.  It was the one from that album with the nice guitar solo from Steve Hackett and the great piano intro by Tony Banks and one of three long songs on it as it had some very long tracks on both sides.
That is indeed a great guitar solo...probably my favorite one from Hackett.

Quote from: SEWIGuy on June 30, 2020, 03:15:58 PM
I had this song stuck in my head yesterday.  I knew it was a theme from a television show with bucolic scenes in the background.
I finally figured out it was from the 80s show "Newhart."
One of my favorite shows growing up.  I even saw Bob Newhart live maybe 10 years ago.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

mgk920

Quote from: jmacswimmer on June 30, 2020, 11:14:13 AM
Not a song, but my current earworm is none other than Lee Crooks' CTA voiceover announcements:

"This is State and Lake. Transfer to Red Line trains at State and Lake. This is an Orange Line train to Midway!"

*DING, DONG* "Doors. Closing!"

"Washington and Wabash is next!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c7NGPD9ViE

PURE Chicago.

:cool:

And to think that this guy is from . . . Milwaukee.

(Too bad that the CTA doesn't have downloadable cell phone ringtones of some of that on their website....)

Mike

ibthebigd

The song that never ends from Lamb Chop

SM-G950U

ftballfan

"Rx" by Theory of a Deadman. It's about the opioid epidemic, which has hit my area very hard

hbelkins

After posting on another thread about Quiet Riot and Randy Rhoads, it's now "Over The Mountain" by Ozzy Osbourne.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

webny99

Mirrors by Justin Timberlake. Been in my head for a few days, and it's not going anywhere now. At least it's good enough that I don't mind having it stuck in my head.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.