News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Radio/TV programs you miss

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, July 03, 2020, 12:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texaskdog

Quote from: frankenroad on July 08, 2020, 12:33:09 PM
Quote from: kphoger on July 07, 2020, 09:10:34 AM
Radio:  Car Talk, from NPR

Totally agree.   Not only was it funny, but I actually learned a lot from Click & Clack.

weren't they on pufnstuf?

texaskdog

Quote from: roadman65 on July 07, 2020, 06:53:56 PM
Well nowadays a family does not need a marriage between two heads and many have step kids even though they are not connected by marriage to the kids parent they are involved with.  For example my friend Molly has a family with two kids and one kid is her boyfriends while the other is hers from two boyfriends ago. Yet all three of her beaus were addressed daddy by her son Frankie.

That may be why sitcoms like good old families are no longer thought of.
E

On Judge Judy she'll ask young moms how many dads her 3 kids have....it's always at least 3 for 3 or more kids.  it makes them so mad too.

Henry

I used to listen to AT40 with Casey Casem religiously; it was a sad day when he retired, and Ryan Seacrest comes up way short. At least, they still have his old shows available online and on select classic hits/oldies stations.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.