News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

TX: Upcoming I-35E expansion Dallas to Denton

Started by Brian556, March 30, 2012, 10:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

According to local news sources, meeting was just completed, and the project was approved. The article claims that construction will start in about a year. They've lied before so I'm not holding my breath.

The Lewisville Lake section should be very interestiing. The plans show the mainlanes being elevated from Garden Ridge Blvd to the north end of the lake bridge. That's gonna be a long bridge, with a good portion of it being over land.

Use  combination "CTRL +" to zoom in on the plans. The zoom buttons on the PDF viewer don't work for me.
http://www.keepitmovingdallas.com/sites/default/files/docs/IH35E_SCHEM_M03_Valley_Ridge_to_Lewisville_Lake%203.pdf
http://www.keepitmovingdallas.com/sites/default/files/hearing%20schematics/IH35E_SCHEM_M04_Lewisville_Lake_to_End_Project.pdf

This is the section where the mainlanes would be elevated over land.

This pic was taken April 2008, before the railroad tracks were rebuilt for DCTA use.

dariusb

You mentioned that the Lewisville Lake section will be elevated. Will it be double decked too?
It's a new day for a new beginning.

txstateends

Quote from: dariusb on April 01, 2012, 03:30:32 AM
You mentioned that the Lewisville Lake section will be elevated. Will it be double decked too?

By the looks of the schematics, no, all the lanes (main, service road, toll lanes) look to be on the same level.  It'll be strange to see service roads across the lake as there are none now.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

codyg1985

I really like the schematics that TxDOT puts out for the general public to see. They show signing plans as well as cross-sections and plan/profile view of the segment under consideration. I wished more states did it like this.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Brian556

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.