News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Forum Quotes

Started by CoreySamson, July 05, 2021, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: LilianaUwU on February 22, 2024, 10:49:21 PM
My experience as a Reddit mod has shown me that people are assholes.

I imagine this has to do with the higher fungibility of accounts on the large social media sites (i.e. if you get banned from Reddit, there is not really much preventing you from starting a fresh account, whereas here when we say permanent ban, we mean it).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 22, 2024, 11:01:05 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on February 22, 2024, 10:49:21 PM
My experience as a Reddit mod has shown me that people are assholes.

I imagine this has to do with the higher fungibility of accounts on the large social media sites (i.e. if you get banned from Reddit, there is not really much preventing you from starting a fresh account, whereas here when we say permanent ban, we mean it).

I mean, there has been multiple times where I repeatedly banned someone who kept ban evading. And don't get me started on spambots and repost bots.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Rothman

Isn't this thread for forum quotes rather than continuing to gripe about an annoyance that was dealt with?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Rothman on February 22, 2024, 11:31:05 PM
Isn't this thread for forum quotes rather than continuing to gripe about an annoyance that was dealt with?

I almost quoted this without comment as though it was one of my favorite forum quotes.
—Mr. Thwomp

J N Winkler

The wound usually hurts more when you take the knife out.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Rothman

Quote from: LilianaUwU on February 22, 2024, 11:56:08 PM

I almost quoted this without comment as though it was one of my favorite forum quotes.
I'm disappointed that you didn't.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: J N Winkler on February 22, 2024, 10:45:54 PM
It looks like they are trying the containment thread approach.  I wish them the very best of luck.  Mmmm!  Freak sardine salad.

I half-seriously considered contacting the admin over there to say basically the same thing, just with more words.  I even wondered whether "freak sardine salad" would make any sense to them if I used that phrase.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Rothman on February 23, 2024, 07:04:58 AM

—Mr. Thwomp

Rothman

Quote from: LilianaUwU on February 23, 2024, 04:28:54 PM
Quote from: Rothman on February 23, 2024, 07:04:58 AM

There we go.  Well-played.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

1995hoo

jlam

Quote from: X99 on February 26, 2024, 11:27:46 AM
Quote from: jlam on February 23, 2024, 10:07:53 PM
Fritz, you should make an I-x99 spur to Dildo Key. I think this is needed.

do not make me an interstate spur

1995hoo

This is quoted for the outstanding reply set in boldface; I included the original comment for context. I'm not a member of that forum, but I was was bored while waiting for my office PC to connect and couldn't help but wonder how that thread had turned out over there. The full thread will sound, shall we say, strikingly familiar.

Quote from: MancPaula
Poiponen13 said:

Now I tell is the football like in the 2284-85 season:

- Premier League and Championship have 22 teams each and League One and Two both have 24 teams.
    - FA Cup is quite same as now. FA Cup final is played a few weeks before the season ends.
    - World Cup is played in same-type years as now. There are no international breaks from the World Cup until October of the year after it, e.g. after WC 2282, the next break is in October 2283.
    - Champions League has three qualifying rounds, 8-team group stage and 4-team knockout stage. Each country may enter a maximum of two teams there.
    - Most teams in FL are same as now, but there are also teams like Manniston Town, Burton Swifts, New Brighton Tower, Kettering Town, Middlesbrough Ironopolis, Leeds FC, South Shields etc. Conversely, some teams such as Stevenage, Wycombe Wanderers and Crewe Alexandra are not there, but in regional leagues.
    - Below League Two, there is a regional championship league system with eight leagues and the leagues' winners play a tournament to determine the one promoted team.
    - Rules are same as now. All rules.

What in the name of Satan's butt hole have you been smoking?

kphoger

Quote from: 1995hoo on March 01, 2024, 08:18:12 AM

Poiponen13 said:

[...]

Rules are same as now. All rules.

I love that he thinks there will be no rule changes at all over the next six decades.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

1995hoo

Quote from: kphoger on March 01, 2024, 09:59:00 AM

Poiponen13 said:

[...]

Rules are same as now. All rules.

I love that he thinks there will be no rule changes at all over the next six decades.

Twenty-six decades. Check the years again.

kphoger

Quote from: 1995hoo on March 01, 2024, 10:22:29 AM
Twenty-six decades. Check the years again.

Ah, yes.  How silly of me to think he had his sight set so low.
Male pronouns, please.

freebrickproductions

This is quoted for the outstanding reply set in boldface; I included the original comment for context. I'm not a member of that forum, but I was was bored while waiting for my office PC to connect and couldn't help but wonder how that thread had turned out over there. The full thread will sound, shall we say, strikingly familiar.

Skipped to the last page and found this amusing post:
Quote from: Andy D
Quote from: Poipopen13
Leap day is very special. All six previous leap days have had a game in England.
Not wishing to state the bleedin' obvious but there have been more than 6 leap days.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

freebrickproductions

Quote from: SectorZ on March 06, 2024, 10:43:01 AM
"Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should" is a line that comes to mind here.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

paulthemapguy

Holy hell  :rofl:

Quote from: I-35 on November 02, 2021, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: formulanone on November 02, 2021, 01:11:29 PM
It's hard to top the "Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce Beltway", for all-round unctuousness.

Tell me the locals have shortened that to the CoC Ring.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

SSOWorld

Quote from: paulthemapguy on March 19, 2024, 12:54:02 PM

It's hard to top the "Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce Beltway", for all-round unctuousness.

So before I go to Greater Hazelton, I might think about going to Chamber of via the Commerce Beltway.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

74/171FAN

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 19, 2024, 09:25:27 PM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on March 19, 2024, 12:54:02 PM

So before I go to Greater Hazelton, I might think about going to Chamber of via the Commerce Beltway.

PA 424 is not even a beltway.  It is purely a east-west route (east end is at PA 93) even with its recent extension west of I-81 into Humboldt Industrial Park.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.