News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Your Favorite Forum Quotes

Started by CoreySamson, July 05, 2021, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

index

Per the recommendation of Scot5114 (who I messaged because I share a first name with him), I am putting this delightful message that I wrote him while going all over different websites I'm on...While blackout drunk on a Sunday afternoon (which is the best time to do that, in my opinion).

QuoteI WAS going to message you when I was drunk with something dumb BUT THAT WOULD BE A BAD IDEA. thank you to (IRL friend's name redacted) for telling me NO . i;'m joining the alternative way of the world, going to work in alaska and shit my pants hopping a trai thank you
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Shedingtonian

Fictional maps, road signs, video game projects... Visit Shedingtonian's Virtual Dump,
and read the blog to keep up to date with what's going on with me.

And yes, I'm still studying civil engineering.

kkt

I can't believe we need to have a math conversation at the elementary school level.

Rothman

Quote from: kkt on January 14, 2024, 11:57:42 AM
I can't believe we need to have a math conversation at the elementary school level.
^This.

Egads.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Shedingtonian on January 14, 2024, 10:19:57 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on January 14, 2024, 03:55:14 AM
Quote from: FritzOwl on January 14, 2024, 01:57:23 AM
Quote from: 1 on January 13, 2024, 10:21:23 AM
9 isn't prime.

9 is a prime number.

9 ÷ 3 = 3

I can't believe I'd be seeing a math conversation in a road forum.

People had been saying that FritzOwl was getting old and stale—or, in another word, reasonable—in comparison to the fresh new upstart Poiponen and his prime-number-using ways.

FritzOwl showed what made him the original Fictional Highways king by just declaring new prime numbers by fiat.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 14, 2024, 07:05:15 PM
9 isn't prime.

9 is a prime number.

9 ÷ 3 = 3

People had been saying that FritzOwl was getting old and stale—or, in another word, reasonable—in comparison to the fresh new upstart Poiponen and his prime-number-using ways.

FritzOwl showed what made him the original Fictional Highways king by just declaring new prime numbers by fiat.

Sometimes I miss the day of the Nevada Test Site Interstate and Lee Vining Canyon/Tioga Pass zig-zag grade.

Scott5114

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 14, 2024, 07:32:45 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 14, 2024, 07:09:18 PM
the Nevada Test Site Interstate

Isn't that basically just I-11?

Nah, that conceptually doesn't get any closer than Mercury.  Fritz wanted to run through the middle of the test craters.

kkt

9 isn't prime.

9 is a prime number.

9 ÷ 3 = 3

Sometimes I miss the day of the Nevada Test Site Interstate and Lee Vining Canyon/Tioga Pass zig-zag grade.

Some of Fritz's ideas were good.  For instance, there's a pretty good case for 101 from L.A. to S.F. becoming I-3, especially if there was extra upgrade or maintenance money attached to interstates.  But then there's so many ideas that are just awful.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kkt on January 14, 2024, 08:08:37 PM
9 isn't prime.

9 is a prime number.

9 ÷ 3 = 3

Some of Fritz's ideas were good.  For instance, there's a pretty good case for 101 from L.A. to S.F. becoming I-3, especially if there was extra upgrade or maintenance money attached to interstates.  But then there's so many ideas that are just awful.

Fritz just wasn't Fritz anymore after his bizarro world host page for his maps went defunct. 

kphoger

Quote from: kkt on January 14, 2024, 08:08:37 PM

Sure, when your goal is to upgrade everything to an Interstate, you're bound to actually have one good idea in there.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

kenarmy

Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

vdeane

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 24, 2024, 07:53:35 AM
Quote from: Poiponen13 on January 23, 2024, 02:57:40 PM
What does that mean?

Well, you see, it's a long story. It starts way back when I was just a little bitty boy, living in a box under the stairs, in the corner of the basement of the house, half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait Shop. You know the place. Well anyway, back then, life was going swell, and everything was just peachy. Except, of course, for the undeniable fact that every single morning, my mother would make me a big bowl of sauerkraut for breakfast. Every single morning. It was driving me crazy.

So I said to my mom, "Hey, Mom, what's up with all the sauerkraut?" And my dear, sweet mother...she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. And she leaned right down next to me and said, "It's good for you." Then, she tied me to the wall and stuck a funnel in my mouth, and force fed me nothing but sauerkraut until I was twenty-six-and-a-half years old.

That's when I swore that someday, I would get out of that basement. And that I would travel to a magical, far away place, where the sun is always shining, and the air smells like warm root beer, and the towels are oh-so-fluffy. A place where the Shriners and the lepers play their ukuleles all day long, and anyone on the street will gladly shave your back for a nickel.

Well, let me tell you, it wasn't long at all before my dream came true. Because the very next day, a local radio station had this contest to see who could correctly guess the number of molecules in Leonard Nimoy's butt. I was off by three, but I still won the grand prize...a first-class, one-way ticket to Albuquerque.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Scott5114

Scott5114

Quote from: SEWIGuy on February 07, 2024, 03:21:08 PM
"I know where we should vacation next January. Rockford!"

Quote from: kphoger on February 07, 2024, 04:11:43 PM
you can shove your disagreement in a Pfangle bag.

7/8

From the NFL (2023 Season) thread:

Quote from: vdeane on February 12, 2024, 12:56:35 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on February 11, 2024, 11:16:26 PM
Ugh. Can't wait for more Taylor Swift spam.
It's the Superbowl (Taylor's Version).

kphoger

Quote from: kalvado on February 14, 2024, 08:09:12 AM
Making him exactly one meter long by  cutting off useless extremities as needed.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Katavia

Vintage quote (much like their signs were) from the NJ Turnpike thread -
Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 10, 2014, 10:09:07 PM
Any real New Jerseyian knows that these [toll collection notices] aren't send via email.  They are sent care of Fats Tony from the Newark Mafia, and Bubba ain't leaving till you pay up, or else you and your EZ Pass will be swimming with the fishies!
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Poiponen13 on February 14, 2024, 02:27:55 PM
Video: Sault Sainte John Madden licks a toilet seat
This is a thing she should do when she comes to my house.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Shedingtonian

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 18, 2024, 08:00:35 PM
Quote from: Poiponen13 on February 18, 2024, 04:20:54 PM
I haven't been interested about roads at all in about a month.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now I'm left wondering, what will be next from P13? Will he make a new thread, or will he abandon AARoads?
Fictional maps, road signs, video game projects... Visit Shedingtonian's Virtual Dump,

hotdogPi

He's banned. The question is if he makes a new account.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Shedingtonian

Part of me is very happy to hear this. But the other part is kinda sad that it might never hear his bogus ideas ever again.
Which, if he comes back to share them, will be easily identifiable and will get him banned again quickly.

Max Rockatansky

Don't be so sure, there has been similar posters since the forum began and some are difficult to tell apart.  How do you think the legend of Alanland began?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.