News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What is the highest classification of road beside which you have urinated?

Started by agentsteel53, July 19, 2011, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signalman

Interstate 80 in NJ back in November during a decent snow storm.  My 12 mile commute took over 7 hours, often with long stretches of sitting in one place not moving.  Eventually I had to get out and pee..twice.  I was far from the only one to piss on I-80 that afternoon/evening, even a few bold (and likely desperate) women partook.

Zeddac

When I was a little kid, my family went on a small road trip around our state. At one point, I had to pee really badly, and for some reason I couldn't make it to a gas station, so I peed right on the side of I-39/US 51.
Oof.

Plutonic Panda

Elevated interstate in OKC when my car broke down I-40 before they tore down the viaduct. I had to pee man! It was a mission of stealth and situational awareness. Luckily I found a break in traffic where I could do the deed without the worry of peeking eyes in passing cars.

US 89

I was once in a huge snowstorm probably right about here on I-80, and traffic was more or less stopped or going less than 5 mph. There was a SUV driving in the left lane, and I guess one of the guys in there really had to go, because he got out the back and took his piss into the concrete median. Of course, while he was relieving himself, the car was still piddling forward (pun not intended). When he finished, he ran forward about 20 feet to catch up to the car and got back in. It was hilarious.

1995hoo

Quote from: US 89 on March 11, 2019, 07:16:46 PM
I was once in a huge snowstorm probably right about here on I-80, and traffic was more or less stopped or going less than 5 mph. There was a SUV driving in the left lane, and I guess one of the guys in there really had to go, because he got out the back and took his piss into the concrete median. Of course, while he was relieving himself, the car was still piddling forward (pun not intended). When he finished, he ran forward about 20 feet to catch up to the car and got back in. It was hilarious.

In 1989 six of the guys in my Boy Scout troop (myself included) and two fathers drove up from Virginia to PEI to attend the Canadian Jamboree. At some point crossing ME-9 between Bangor and Calais a couple of us started to have to go, and there was pretty much nothing around on that road, so both cars pulled over. Picture six teens and two fathers, all in full Boy Scout uniform, standing lined up along the side of the road all taking leaks. Passing truck drivers thought it was hilarious and were honking their horns in greeting as they went past.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Back in June I finally stepped up to freeway twice.  I drove through the middle of the night from Fresno to Las Vegas.  I was having some stomach issues the entire night so I pulled over on CA 58 and I-15 to take care of it.  Given I was already off the shoulder I took care of number one also both times. 

zzcarp

Back in 2006 I was on a survey crew in the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70 laying out pavement grades for a resurfacing project. And yes, my crewmate and I did go behind the work truck a couple times instead of hoofing out or driving more than a mile out to the west portal port-a-john.
So many miles and so many roads

Plutonic Panda

One of the reasons why I love the west are there so many peepee spots to exit on and just hop out drain the main vein and move on.

Amaury

To keep it simple, I'm guessing we're only talking about numbered routes.

In any case, I don't know about the technical legalities of it, so I don't urinate out on the road unless it's absolutely necessary, where I'm in pain and can no longer hold it, especially when you're at the point where you can feel some discomfort while you're sitting down driving and you know the minute you get out and stand up, it's going to hurt to walk. It also depends on what I've had, I think. When I took my drive to Bozeman back in January, which is about 8 hours and 38 minutes (570 miles)—16 hours and 48 minutes (1,140 miles) in total for the roundtrip—about an hour into the drive there and the drive back, I had to urinate, but I was able to hold it until I got to Bozeman and then again until I got back home. Obviously, I went when I stopped to eat at Subway in Bozeman, but I ended up having to go again for obvious reasons. I also took an extra strength five-hour energy drink for the drive there and then another one for the drive back.

Anyway, as for when I've had to get out and go out on the roads, the only ones I can recall are:

• US Route 97
  • US Route 12
  • Washington State Route 21

WA 21 is the most recent one, which was February 27, 2021, and the only reason I remember the date for that one is because it was after I got my first dashcam and had started taking regular drives. In this case, it ended up being a drive to Spokane, Washington, and I went that way because I was going over Sherman Pass for the first time. I had to really go, so I stopped along WA 21 as I was heading north to take care of it. Obviously, any time I've had to go, I've gone behind trees. Only time I didn't was one time when I was coming back from Republic, Washington, at night—this was quite a while before I got my first dashcam—and I was on Manilla Creek/Peter Dan Road in Ferry/Okanogan County, the road connecting WA 21 to WA 155. I was pretty well off the road, and it's not a very traveled road, especially not at night, though I still went behind my truck on the side not facing the road.

Like I said, though, I otherwise avoid doing it because I don't know about the technical legalities of it. I don't know if it would technically still count as indecent exposure if somebody were to walk by or come up to you while you were urinating, for example, since you're technically out in public. Yes, urinating by itself isn't sexual, but your sexual organ is still out. I guess it's kind of like that saying: "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

Scott5114

Over the time period between when this thread died and when it was resurrected, I actually obtained an entry for this—NM 6, just south of I-40. There aren't a whole lot of places to stop between Grants and Albuquerque that have an actual toilet...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ozarkman417

My highest is: U.S. Highway. More specifically US 54 near Eldon, MO in the early morning hours when nothing is open and there's no one on the road to see you do the business.

Before that, my highest was State Highway because I did the business on ID 3's ROW while viewing a meteor shower.

zachary_amaryllis

Best I can claim is US, and I did actually do the deed in the road.

Out in the middle of nowhere east of Sterling on US 6. 2 am. Just stopped in the road (I could see for miles), and did my thing.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

US 89

I used the right lane of US 27 in southwest Georgia as a toilet when I first drove to Tallahassee. Turns out there is pretty much nobody on that road after 10 PM.

I have also peed in a stream directly alongside US 12 in Montana between US 89 and Townsend. That was during the day, but the amount of traffic on those roads is very low...

thenetwork

If we are talking about route hierarchy, I have peed in the westbound lanes of the Ohio Turnpike/I-80/I-90 (interstate multiplex)...I guess you'd call that a 2-for-1 feat.

Great Lakes Roads

On the side of NY 17 east of Binghamton at a parking area...

nexus73

Median of the Golden State Freeway at 4:30 AM back in June 1974. 
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

MATraveler128

We experienced a flat tire driving back to Massachusetts from Pennsylvania this past summer. I had to do it at the I-287/Garden State Parkway interchange in New York in the middle of stopped traffic.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

HighwayStar

Interstate, in at least 3 states that come to mind. Most were with the benefit of tree cover, but not all. Couple during the covid also when all bets were off.  :rolleyes:
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

cl94

In addition to an Interstate, I have also contributed to the local nitrogen cycle alongside the Trans-Canada Highway. I got to add that to my list this summer.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.