News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings from Charleston

Started by Sctvhound, July 18, 2017, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sctvhound

Hello! My name is Joe. I am a 25 year old native of Charleston, SC, and a long time message board reader and poster. I have always been interested in road signs, traveling, and maps, and I have been very interested in reading many of the posts over the past few days.

It is a very fast-growing metro area with a population which has grown from 500K to almost 800K since the year 2000.

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

noelbotevera

7/8

Welcome from Kitchener-Waterloo, ON!

SignGeek101

Welcome from construction choked Winnipeg!

adventurernumber1

Welcome from Dalton, Georgia. I have been to your neck of the woods on vacation back at the beginning of June. I will say it was interesting seeing the overt signs of metro growth, such as seeing progress on what I found out was called to be the Sheep Island Rd. Interchange, along with maybe a possible widening of I-26 through there. Charleston is such a nice place, and it's got some nice roads and bridges. I got lots of road pictures and videos from that trip, that when I ever get the chance, I will have uploaded on the internet for all to see. Sorry for going on a positive rant about where you live, but I just loved the place so much!  :D

See ya on the forums.  :wave:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Alex

Welcome to the board.

Have you followed the support I-526 efforts to complete the route across James Island? There is a Facebook page about it and posts routinely show that while needed, the freeway continues to be ignored when it comes to funding.

Sctvhound

Yep. I am a supporter of it. But there are a lot of NIMBYs in my area that don't want it, or want bike and pedestrian corridors with it.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

TheHighwayMan3561

Welcome to the board, Joe! I don't think I need to introduce myself to you much. ;)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.