AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alabama  (Read 136969 times)

jdb1234

• Last Login: Today at 09:17:50 AM
Re: Alabama
« Reply #525 on: April 11, 2021, 01:12:49 PM »

Was looking around on Google maps satellite and noticed significant road work in the median of AL-255 (Research Park Blvd) in Huntsville. The work zone stretches from I-565 to US-72. It appears to be a widening project. Can anyone confirm this?

yep, it is a widening project.

https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/roadworkprojects/research-park-boulevard-sr-255-between-university-drive-u-s-72-and-old-madison-pike/

It backs up tremendously in the Mornings at Gate 9 for the Redstone Arsenal:

Unfortunately, it won't take care of that goofy ramp to westbound I-565, which was pinned too close to the Bradford Road on-ramp.

You meant the ramp from Madison Pike.  Bradford Drive is the next exit north.

This widening project has been needed for a while.  I have had to use AL 255 (or Rideout Rd) between I-565 and US 72 many times over the years and it can be a pain.

I-55

• "We're in Mississippi now, bump your speed up"

• Last Login: April 11, 2021, 07:52:59 PM
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2021, 07:49:41 PM »

Was looking around on Google maps satellite and noticed significant road work in the median of AL-255 (Research Park Blvd) in Huntsville. The work zone stretches from I-565 to US-72. It appears to be a widening project. Can anyone confirm this?

https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/roadworkprojects/research-park-boulevard-sr-255-between-university-drive-u-s-72-and-old-madison-pike/

Unfortunately, it won't take care of that goofy ramp to westbound I-565, which was pinned too close to the Bradford Road on-ramp.

This widening project has been needed for a while.  I have had to use AL 255 (or Rideout Rd) between I-565 and US 72 many times over the years and it can be a pain.

Are those backups the reason Gate 9 got moved further south or was it the development of the Redstone Gateway area?
I have Unbridled Spirit driving on the Crossroads of America to the Heart of Dixie. I listen to the Soundtrack of America as I receive the South's Warmest Welcome, then driving Hog Wild to Show Me through the Land of Lincoln, back through the Bluegrass to Almost Heaven, and I Found it Here.

jdb1234

• Last Login: Today at 09:17:50 AM
« Reply #527 on: Today at 08:47:14 AM »

Are those backups the reason Gate 9 got moved further south or was it the development of the Redstone Gateway area?

I am pretty sure it was the development of the Redstone Gateway area.  Gate 9 was the only 24/7 open gate into Redstone Arsenal at one point.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.