News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Minnesota Notes

Started by Mdcastle, April 18, 2012, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andarcondadont

Quote from: EpicRoadways on April 09, 2024, 09:48:45 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on April 09, 2024, 03:53:36 PMNew projects:

-Westward extension of road from I-94/TH 610 interchange to connect to Hennepin CSAH 30

https://dot.state.mn.us/construction/index.html
I'm still a little bit unclear about what exactly is included in this project. According to the project webpage, the direct connections between 610 and 94 are all "unfunded", with the exception of the EB 610 thru movement onto the existing 610. If the WB 610 connection/flyover is unfunded, will the new "funded" westbound alignment between Lawndale Lane and the future EB 94 ramp sit unused until there is funding to complete the connection? Will there be some sort of temporary signal setup or two-way traffic along the future EB 610 connection to tie both WB and EB thru traffic together in the meantime? Maybe I'm just missing something and the graphic on the first page is just out of date, because there are other places on the website that make it seem like the unfunded sections are going to be constructed shortly as well.

An alert box at the top of the page now details the start of construction on the new bridge over I-94. With that in mind, I think it would be fair to assume that the connection is now funded.

Computer Science and GIS student at the University of Minnesota.

froggie

Quote from: andarcondadont on April 11, 2024, 01:40:51 AM

-Westward extension of road from I-94/TH 610 interchange to connect to Hennepin CSAH 30

I'm still a little bit unclear about what exactly is included in this project. According to the project webpage, the direct connections between 610 and 94 are all "unfunded", with the exception of the EB 610 thru movement onto the existing 610. If the WB 610 connection/flyover is unfunded, will the new "funded" westbound alignment between Lawndale Lane and the future EB 94 ramp sit unused until there is funding to complete the connection? Will there be some sort of temporary signal setup or two-way traffic along the future EB 610 connection to tie both WB and EB thru traffic together in the meantime? Maybe I'm just missing something and the graphic on the first page is just out of date, because there are other places on the website that make it seem like the unfunded sections are going to be constructed shortly as well.

An alert box at the top of the page now details the start of construction on the new bridge over I-94. With that in mind, I think it would be fair to assume that the connection is now funded.

Some of it is, yes.  The question mark is whether the connection from westbound 610 (and, by association, the Maple Grove Pkwy on-ramp) to the new roadway is included in the construction.  I did a dive the other day and was unable to find an answer.

Roadguy

Quote from: froggie on April 11, 2024, 06:51:19 AM
Quote from: andarcondadont on April 11, 2024, 01:40:51 AM

Some of it is, yes.  The question mark is whether the connection from westbound 610 (and, by association, the Maple Grove Pkwy on-ramp) to the new roadway is included in the construction.  I did a dive the other day and was unable to find an answer.

The MnDOT staff approved layout on the website shows everything including the "unfunded" portions, so I assume they got funding for it: https://www.610extensionproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/220418_12510_loa1_SIGNED.pdf

froggie

^ That staff-approved layout also dates to when other maps on the project website were differentiating between "city led project" and "unfunded" sections.  Would like to see something more concrete.  I've sent an email asking for clarification.

froggie

I received a response from the project manager.  And he confirmed that, yes indeed, the construction will include the connections from WB 610.  So everything that's shown in yellow and red on the main map on the project website.

bschultzy

Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on April 09, 2024, 03:53:36 PMThe 2024 construction roundup.

Ongoing:
-I-35/535/US 53 Can of Worms rebuild in Duluth
-I-35W/494 interchange in Bloomington, including ongoing work on a new turbine ramp from NB 35W to WB 494
-Converting the US 10/TH 23 interchange in St. Cloud from a cloverleaf to a folded diamond
-US 169 freeway conversion in Elk River (the new Main St. interchange)

I drove through the 35W/494 interchange about 10 days ago, and the piers, grading, and even some beams were in place for the new turbine ramp.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.