Outer Banks NC "city meet" - April 30, 2022

Started by A.J. Bertin, August 01, 2019, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signalman

dgolub

I didn't get the Facebook event.  Can someone invite me?

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: dgolub on September 21, 2019, 08:48:01 AM
I didn't get the Facebook event.  Can someone invite me?

Hi David... you actually did get the invitation and marked yourself down as a Maybe. Check your Events on Facebook.
-A.J. from Michigan

LM117

NC-12 on Ocracoke Island will reopen this Thursday (with limitations) and the ferry system has announced new schedules.

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2019/2019-10-01-ocracoke-emergency-routes-october.aspx
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: LM117 on October 02, 2019, 11:56:42 AM
NC-12 on Ocracoke Island will reopen this Thursday (with limitations) and the ferry system has announced new schedules.

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2019/2019-10-01-ocracoke-emergency-routes-october.aspx

Good to know! Thanks for sharing. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

LM117

LM117

LM117

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2019/2019-11-06-ocracoke-ferry-schedule-change-paving.aspx

Quote​OCRACOKE — To facilitate the N.C. Department of Transportation's paving operation on N.C. 12 on Ocracoke Island, the North Carolina Ferry System is making an adjustment to its Hatteras- Ocracoke Silver Lake schedule beginning Nov. 7.

Starting Nov. 7, the 10 p.m. departure from Hatteras to Ocracoke-Silver Lake and the 12:30 a.m. return trip will be suspended. The new schedule will be as follows:

-Hatteras to Ocracoke-Silver Lake: 6 a.m., 11:15 a.m., and 4:30 p.m.

-Ocracoke-Silver Lake to Hatteras: 8:45 a.m., 2:30 p.m., and 7:15 p.m.

The state Ferry Division is coordinating with Hyde County Schools to accommodate any evening athletic event travel.

No changes will be made to the Swan Quarter, Cedar Island, or Ocracoke-South Dock routes. The ferry schedule change will allow ferries and crews to be available for the staging of asphalt and concrete trucks used in the paving operation.

NCDOT is working to rebuild about 1,000 feet of N.C. 12 that was damaged during Hurricane Dorian in early September. NCDOT expects to reopen N.C. 12 to vehicular traffic on or before the Thanksgiving holiday. However, at this time Ocracoke remains open only to residents, non-resident property owners, and personnel approved by Hyde County Emergency Management.

LM117

LM117

LM117

LM117

Beltway

Has this been committed to the April 25th date?
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

signalman

Quote from: Beltway on January 28, 2020, 12:01:18 AM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on August 29, 2019, 07:01:00 PM
Based on earlier discussion about all the meets that are in the planning stages for the spring of 2020, I decided I shouldn't wait until this poll closes (on October 1) to make April 25 the official date of my Outer Banks meet.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Beltway on January 28, 2020, 12:01:18 AM

Yes indeed.  What I need to do now is pick the lunch venue in Nags Head and the dinner venue in Elizabeth City.
-A.J. from Michigan

LM117

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2020/2020-02-11-ocracoke-sandbag-project.aspx

Quote​OCRACOKE — The N.C. Department of Transportation Wednesday will begin placing additional sand and sandbags along portions of N.C. 12 on Ocracoke Island. The project is designed to shore up four segments of the roadway damaged by Hurricane Dorian and a subsequent storm in November.

The project will involve placing more than 2,500 sandbags along 4,200 feet of roadway at the north end of the island. While no major traffic delays are anticipated, NCDOT will have traffic control in place to maintain a safe environment.

Contractors hope to have the project complete in three months, but the process is extremely weather-dependent. If completion is not possible by Mid-May, work will stop until after Labor Day in order to facilitate summertime traffic.

tckma

I'm interested, but very unlikely to be able to attend that weekend.  I'll make note of the date in case plans change.

A.J. Bertin

I've decided where we will have lunch and dinner for our gathering in the Outer Banks. I just shared the details in the Facebook event, but I thought I'd share them here as well.

We'll gather for lunch at 11:30 at Blue Moon Beach Grill in Nags Head (4104 S. Virginia Dare Trail #16, Nags Head, NC 27959).  I would have preferred 11:00, but the restaurant doesn't open until 11:30.

Dinner, for those who are interested, will be at 7:30 at Grouper's Waterfront Restaurant (400 S. Water St. #6, Elizabeth City, NC 27909).  I figure this will give everyone a full 6 1/2 hours to explore the Outer Banks area between leaving lunch and reconvening for dinner.  I had to make a wild guess for the number for the dinner reservation, so I said 12.  (On the Facebook event, we have 8 listed as going and I'm not sensing that I'll have as big of a group in Outer Banks as I had in Providence last year.)  I can always change the number for the reservation as it gets closer to the date, but if you're on the fence and can try to let me know sooner rather than later whether or not you plan to attend, that would be helpful... either here or in the Facebook event.

This meet is only two months away.  I'm really excited to host my second "city-meet-style" gathering and to explore the Outer Banks for the first time.  :D
-A.J. from Michigan

74/171FAN

I'm out on this at this point due to other plans that will eventually lead me to the Gulf Coast for my cousin's wedding the next weekend.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Alps

This gives me the opportunity to clinch US 64 and 158 east of Raleigh. I'll probably only be there for the lunch since I don't have that much to clinch in the area.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Alps on February 29, 2020, 03:49:44 PM
This gives me the opportunity to clinch US 64 and 158 east of Raleigh. I'll probably only be there for the lunch since I don't have that much to clinch in the area.

That's cool.  It will be good to have you join us for lunch!
-A.J. from Michigan

Takumi

Hi all, just came back to say I'm officially out for this, despite being interested in it in the past. I've got quite a lot going on these days.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

LM117

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2020/2020-03-06-basnight-bridge-lane-closures.aspx

Quote​NAGS HEAD — Daytime lane closures in the work zone around the Marc Basnight Bridge in Dare County will resume March 9.

During the lane closures, workers will complete "punch list" items on the bridge project, including finishing touches to the bridge deck and railings, and paving the final asphalt layer on the roadway leading up to the bridge itself.

Motorists should be aware of the possibility of daytime lane closures at any time from 7 a.m. Mondays through 3 p.m. Fridays. During the lane closures, contractors will use flaggers to control traffic and post appropriate warning signs. Lane closures will vary in length but will typically be between a half-mile and one mile long. One lane of traffic will be open at all times. Drivers are urged to slow down and use caution while crews are at work.

The work is expected to be complete by mid-June.

jpi

I am officially out too, I will be on the road from east TN to Hershey\ Harrisburg PA that day for the annual spring toy show in Hershey on Sunday and visiting family\ friends that week, Hope to see some of you at the Cinncy Meet and the Sauk Valley Road Meet in June.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

signalman

Quote from: jpi on March 09, 2020, 10:46:32 AM
I am officially out too, I will be on the road from east TN to Hershey\ Harrisburg PA that day for the annual spring toy show in Hershey on Sunday and visiting family\ friends that week, Hope to see some of you at the Cinncy Meet and the Sauk Valley Road Meet in June.
I, as well as a few others from the Northeast plan on going to Cincy.  I was considering Sauk Valley, but I'm planning on going to La Crosse instead.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.