Highway NOT entering your home state on which you have clinched the most mileage

Started by NWI_Irish96, May 21, 2022, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

thspfc

tigerwings

Home state of Michigan (left in 2006 after 40+ years). Also lived in Colorado, California, and Ohio.

I-80 from San Francisco to I-77 interchange south of Cleveland, 2463 miles.

dfilpus

formulanone

Have never lived in any of the states it crosses
I-90: 863 miles (not clinched)
I-79: 340 miles (clinched)
US 6: 840 miles (not clinched)
US 6N: 28 miles (clinched)
GA 520: 213 miles (not clinched)
TX 130: 140 miles (clinched)

Within states resided without driving ability
I-40: 1210 miles (not clinched)
I-55: 960 miles (clinched)
US 40: 910 miles (not clinched)
US 641: 166 miles (clinched)

US 89

Easily I-40 for me. I have six separate segments of it, including the whole thing from Amarillo to west Nashville, that add up to 1472 miles per Travel Mapping (about 57% of the route).

For US highways, it's US 30 (742 miles, 24%) thanks to its long concurrencies with I-84 in Oregon/Idaho and I-80 in Wyoming.

1995hoo

As far as I know, I-75 (1114 miles), although I haven't added up all the different segments of the Trans-Canada Highway, so if you count that as a single highway it might be more.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Mapmikey

My top 3 longest clinches are all outside my home states of SC and VA:

I-40, I-80, I-90

Longest US route that meets this condition is #7 on my list, US 40.

iowahighways

I-55 for me. During my lifetime, I've been on all but the part south of I-12 in Louisiana.

And although I've clinched all of the Interstates within Iowa, all of the 2di's I've clinched to date don't go through there at all: I-4, I-22, I-24, the western I-76, and the western I-88.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

hbelkins

Strictly a guess on my part, but I've done all of I-70 between where US 6 and US 191 join the route in Utah to just outside Baltimore.

The only possible rival would be I-40, which I have in its entirety between Wilmington, NC and the US 59 exit near Sallisaw, OK; along with pieces/parts east of OKC, Gallup to Flagstaff (excluding the Petrified Forest loop) and Williams to Kingman.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ilpt4u

If I can count the Eastern and Western I-76 as one mileage bank, I-76 is my hands-down winner. I am just shy of clinching the Western branch/pretty sure got as far west as I-25 in Denver from I-80, and the Eastern branch I'm missing east of Breezewood but have Westfield-Breezewood clinched

Other contender: I-85 between Charlotte and the I-185 exit towards Columbus, minus some mileage in Atlanta. I've been on the Central Artery, but not the 85 on the NE side nor between the airport and artery

Another: I-69. Everything south of the Toll Road in Indiana, except I haven't traveled on the Martinsville segment since it has earned the I-69 designation. Everything in Kentucky between Henderson and Calvert City. "Future"  segments in Tennessee that have already been upgraded but are still signed US 51. All the tiny bit designated in Mississippi. I don't remember if I ever got on 69 in Houston, but if so only 10-20 miles or so, and quite possibly zero. If I did, it was going for a joy ride around town

As a passenger: I-75, between I-70 and Florida's Turnpike, minus Macon, GA

fwydriver405

A few contenders from my home state of Maine would be:

I-5 (Lathrop CA - Garden Grove CA) - 484.88 km - 21.57% Clinched
I-93 (Canton MA - Waterford VT) 305.7 km - Fully Clinched
I-89 (Concord NH - Burlington VT) 239.05 km - 78.09 % Clinched
I-78 (Union Twp PA - Manhattan (New York) NY) 236.44 km - Fully Clinched

For US routes I would have to say US 3 (154.93 km - NH/MA), 6 (164.85 km - MA/RI/CT), 22 (112.06 km - PA/NJ) and 101 (712.97 km - Los Angeles CA up to around Sausalito CA). Can't really think about longest state highways I've clinched that don't enter Maine (too many to choose from!).

DJDBVT

JayhawkCO

Interstate: I-80 - 2,705 miles (Beats my mileage on I-90 by 3 miles)
U.S. Highway: US30 - 1,384 miles
State/Provincial Route: SK16 - 435 miles

(All mileage according to Travel Mapping)

And none of these enter any state where I have lived (Minnesota, Colorado, Florida, Kansas, or Washington).

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I-40 for interstate (since it never enters Ohio, nor Louisiana)
For US route, US 60 (since it never gets north of the Ohio River). If I discount the 5 years I lived in Louisiana, then US 61 takes the lead in this category.
International - Quebec 132
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hobsini2

Homestates: IL & WI

The contenders I believe are I-35, I-40, I-65, I-75 and I-95. I will check the mileage later.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

hobsini2

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 23, 2022, 01:24:25 PM
I-40 for interstate (since it never enters Ohio, nor Louisiana)
For US route, US 60 (since it never gets north of the Ohio River). If I discount the 5 years I lived in Louisiana, then US 61 takes the lead in this category.
International - Quebec 132

US 60 (along with US 62) DOES cross both the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers at Cairo, IL. It is for less than a mile in Illinois but just saying.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

webny99

My most-traveled routes mileage-wise that do not enter NY are I-94 (577.4 miles) followed by I-75 (513.0 miles). For US routes, it's US 52 (325.9 miles). Mileage figures are per TM.

DandyDan

I have lived in 4 states, Minnesota,  Illinois, Nebraska and Iowa. I believe the interstate I have traveled on the most that is completely outside those states is I-10, but if there is a mandate that I drove it,  it's I-65. For US Routes, I believe it is US 180, but if the same rule applies, it's probably US 56.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

mgk920

I have been on all of I-80 east of I-76 (Nebraska) except the part between I-29 and I-380 in Iowa.

Mike.

bwana39

For me it is either I-65 or I-80. I would have to sit down with an abacus to figure out for sure which,,, :spin:

For a US-HWY it has to be US-169 or MAYBE US-191.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

zachary_amaryllis

I-64, goes nowhere near colorado, but I've been on all of it except the extended part into MO.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

ftballfan

I-65 easily. I've lived in Michigan my entire life and I've been on all of I-65 north of I-840 south of Nashville

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bulldog1979

I-95 after a roadtrip this winter to Florida that took us down the East Coast. Before that, the answer would have been I-90.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.