News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

PA, Pittsburgh: West End Circle 'Hole In The Wall' being opened permanently.

Started by rickmastfan67, August 02, 2009, 07:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Just saw this on KDKA's website.

http://kdka.com/local/West.End.hole.2.1108171.html

SB US-19 traffic will now be able to go directly straight instead of using the Circle to continue after they cross the West End Bridge.

njroadhorse

NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

PAHighways

It should say "re-opening" as it was used during the Fort Pitt rehabilitation project.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: PAHighways on August 03, 2009, 09:09:24 PM
It should say "re-opening" as it was used during the Fort Pitt rehabilitation project.

That better? :P

PAHighways

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 03, 2009, 10:49:58 PM
Quote from: PAHighways on August 03, 2009, 09:09:24 PM

That better? :P

Much :cool:

PAHighways

rickmastfan67

It has opened today.  And already, we almost had a few close calls from people trying to turn right (into One Way Traffic going the other way) from NB US-19 when they come to the traffic light after they clear the "hole".

Story and video on it located @ KDKA's website here: http://kdka.com/local/PennDOT.hole.in.2.1547348.html

Mr_Northside

I don't know exactly what was causing it, but traffic in the queue to get onto the West End Bridge from NB-65 was backed up almost to the Ft. Duquesne Bridge yesterday evening (I certainly wasn't going to be taking Chateau St. yesterday!)... I haven't seen it anywhere near that bad there since the McKees Rocks Bridge was closed for repairs.

I'm guessing that it was just a "hiccup" caused be the new traffic patterns.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.