News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Bridge Reports Database Site

Started by Fred Defender, May 16, 2023, 08:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Defender

I haven't posted on this forum in several years. Searching the forum for "Bridge Reports" didn't yield anything meaningful. So, I'm sorry if this is a repeat (I'm sure that it is). Where has the BrideReports dot com site gone? Has it migrated to a different URL? The link has been dead for at least a month now.
AGAM

Katavia

Looks like there was some sort of internal error on their end. I've sent an email to the webmaster email address, hopefully they check that inbox.
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

seicer

Long story short, the site was in limbo after James Baughn (of bridgehunter.com, bridgereports.com, and landmarkhunter.com) died unexpectedly. It was running a very old code base and difficult to support and needed to be transitioned off of the current server. The domains were transferred to the Historic Bridge Foundation, and I'm unsure what happened afterward. The Foundation was working with an outside developer to work on a new website and have all of the content migrated to it, but then I think the existing website crashed and could not be revived.

You can still access all three sites from their last archived date in March of 2023 on archive.org, but certain features will not be available. Bridgehunter.com is partially back online (I will reserve my thoughts on its design and workings for another day), while the other two are of lower priority and will come back up as time permits.

Fred Defender

Quote from: seicer on May 16, 2023, 09:55:37 AM
Long story short, the site was in limbo after James Baughn (of bridgehunter.com, bridgereports.com, and landmarkhunter.com) died unexpectedly. It was running a very old code base and difficult to support and needed to be transitioned off of the current server. The domains were transferred to the Historic Bridge Foundation, and I'm unsure what happened afterward. The Foundation was working with an outside developer to work on a new website and have all of the content migrated to it, but then I think the existing website crashed and could not be revived.

You can still access all three sites from their last archived date in March of 2023 on archive.org, but certain features will not be available. Bridgehunter.com is partially back online (I will reserve my thoughts on its design and workings for another day), while the other two are of lower priority and will come back up as time permits.

Thanks very much for the info. Sorry to hear about Mr Baughn's death. It was a site that I visited regularly. Sort of s***s not having it around. C'est la vie.
AGAM

Fred Defender

Quote from: Katavia on May 16, 2023, 09:02:33 AM
Looks like there was some sort of internal error on their end. I've sent an email to the webmaster email address, hopefully they check that inbox.

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I had already tried that. I believe that your e-mail will bounce back.
AGAM

Katavia

Quote from: Fred Defender on May 16, 2023, 04:09:53 PM
Quote from: Katavia on May 16, 2023, 09:02:33 AM

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I had already tried that. I believe that your e-mail will bounce back.
No bounceback in my inbox.
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.