Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

🛣 Changes to the California Highway Website covering Sept – Oct 2023

(1/2) > >>

cahwyguy:
Here's something to be thankful for: The updates to the California Highways pages covering September and October are done. As an additional reminder, a new episode of California Highways: Route by Route covering Route 1 in Santa Barbara and Ventura county dropped early list week. There's a link in this post.

Changelog Post: https://cahighways.org/wordpress/?p=16620
Direct Changelog: https://www.cahighways.org/chg2023.html#2023-10

Daniel

Quillz:
Really, relinquishment of CA-203? I do hope the spades continue to be maintained, like is supposed to happen with relinquishment.

gonealookin:

--- Quote from: Quillz on November 24, 2023, 02:17:20 PM ---Really, relinquishment of CA-203? I do hope the spades continue to be maintained, like is supposed to happen with relinquishment.

--- End quote ---

For many years the Town of Mammoth Lakes has had ambitions to redo that 4-lane boulevard portion through the main commercial district, making it more pedestrian and bicycle friendly with a road diet concept.

The problem was always funding those improvements.  They must have found that money (maybe American Rescue Plan?) and requested the relinquishment.

It still leaves about the first 3/4 mile of SR 203 from US 395 to the town limit line which will remain in the state highway system.

Max Rockatansky:
Wouldn’t count on the those 203 shields remaining in place.  They are pretty sparsely signed as currently configured.  They would likely be yanked during a road diet and not replaced.

Quillz:

--- Quote from: gonealookin on November 24, 2023, 03:17:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Quillz on November 24, 2023, 02:17:20 PM ---Really, relinquishment of CA-203? I do hope the spades continue to be maintained, like is supposed to happen with relinquishment.

--- End quote ---

For many years the Town of Mammoth Lakes has had ambitions to redo that 4-lane boulevard portion through the main commercial district, making it more pedestrian and bicycle friendly with a road diet concept.

The problem was always funding those improvements.  They must have found that money (maybe American Rescue Plan?) and requested the relinquishment.

It still leaves about the first 3/4 mile of SR 203 from US 395 to the town limit line which will remain in the state highway system.

--- End quote ---
I was just there and was glad to see it’s already quite good. Dedicated walking lanes off to the sides of the road (as opposed to normal sidewalks) and buses every 20 minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version