News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Highways / Signs in Movies, TV Shows, and Videos

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 05:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artmalk

In later seasons of the Original sitcom "One Day at a Time" you can see the sign for I-70 Indianapolis.

Max Rockatansky

Former Legislative Route Number 127 on Main Street in Darwin, CA appears in Tremors.  Darwin is the film location used for the fictional Perfection, NV.

bing101

Train has CA-37 in the middle of the desert.

But the real CA-37 is on the northern edge of San Pablo Bay from Vallejo to Novato.

ClassicHasClass

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 15, 2022, 11:39:09 PM
Former Legislative Route Number 127 on Main Street in Darwin, CA appears in Tremors.  Darwin is the film location used for the fictional Perfection, NV.

Darwin also turns up in the movie Highway 395, even though US 395 never went through it. I imagine it's there as "generic Eastern Sierra dusty place."

LilianaUwU

The Rue Hutchison/Avenue Fairmount intersection in Montréal is featured in Hutchison Fairmount by François Pérusse. It has remained a running gag in my family for a while, so when I got the occasion to go to Montréal in March, I had to get my own photos:

Hutchison Fairmount - Montréal side by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

Hutchison Fairmount - Outremont side by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Max Rockatansky

California State Route 211 and the Fernbridge appear as part of the fictious "Cedar Creek" in the movie Outbreak.

TheStranger

A couple of SoCal freeway signs (for I-215/Route 60 and I-10) show up in the video for this kpop song (Maison by Dreamcatcher) at 2:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t9LLq1Nk0
Chris Sampang

Daisy Rahman

I don't know if it was mentioned here, but I like the 2002 film "Interstate 60" starring James Marsden and Gary Oldman.
The film is about a young man named Neal Oliver who meets a mysterious wish-granter named O.W. Grant and embarks on a road trip along a fictional highway that does not exist on any map of the USA. Along the way, he encounters various characters and situations that challenge his beliefs and values. The film is a parable that explores the themes of truth and lies, dreams and reality, consequences and choices, and the meaning of life.

7/8

I noticed an old-school black-on-yellow stop sign in Oppenheimer. A good attention to detail!

StogieGuy7

Quote from: 7/8 on July 25, 2023, 12:33:46 PM
I noticed an old-school black-on-yellow stop sign in Oppenheimer. A good attention to detail!

Indeed that is. I'm basically one of the very youngest Baby Boomers and I don't remember seeing any of those yellow STOP signs out on the public roadways. I did see them in a few other places though, like on the grounds of an old factory. So, good catch there.

Too bad they had someone waving a 50-star American flag though. That was a rookie mistake.

ClassicHasClass

Quote from: TheStranger on June 17, 2023, 04:49:25 PM
A couple of SoCal freeway signs (for I-215/Route 60 and I-10) show up in the video for this kpop song (Maison by Dreamcatcher) at 2:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t9LLq1Nk0

Wow, dunno where they came up with those (and on the same gantry, no less). The exit sign at least somewhat resembles real life.

Henry

I don't know exactly when (late 90s-early 2000s), but Honda aired a commercial where two men were driving on H-3 and discussing the existence of Interstates in HI.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Quillz

Quote from: Henry on July 25, 2023, 09:17:24 PM
I don't know exactly when (late 90s-early 2000s), but Honda aired a commercial where two men were driving on H-3 and discussing the existence of Interstates in HI.
I remember this commercial. It was closer to the mid/late 00s, though. I want to say maybe around 2006-07. The premise was one guy was asking the other one why Hawaii has interstate highways, since they don't leave the state borders. The other guy said "maybe they're planning to build a long bridge or tunnel." Of course, this is based on the (common?) misconception interstate highways are related to length. When in reality it's based on how they're funded and designed.

Kniwt

From Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyer's Cut), 2009

Footage shot during the group's first Canadian tour, circa 1973:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.