News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What would you do when you see this?

Started by James_nessen, December 05, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James_nessen

pumpkineater2

Come ride with me to the distant shore...

JakeFromNewEngland

Well I would know that it's a stop sign due to it's shape.

1995hoo

It'd depend on whether a cop were nearby
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

SignGeek101

I think it would depend on if there was any other traffic nearby.

James_nessen

Pete from Boston

Someone painted "go" on a stop sign in my neighborhood when I was first learning to read.  I told my parents to beware: the sign contained a mistake.

Scott5114

When I was a little kid I was convinced that somewhere there had to be a green octagonal Go sign. After all, there was a red Stop sign, so it would make sense. My mom had a patch of a green Go sign in her sewing box, so that was probably where I got the idea, but that was the closest I got to seeing one in real life.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Big John

^^ I thought it was a GO in a green circle, since it was printed on the side of the Fisher-Price parking garage.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 06, 2014, 08:36:41 PM
When I was a little kid I was convinced that somewhere there had to be a green octagonal Go sign. After all, there was a red Stop sign, so it would make sense. My mom had a patch of a green Go sign in her sewing box, so that was probably where I got the idea, but that was the closest I got to seeing one in real life.

Some children's book of mine contained a green circular sign with a white "GO" legend.  Never mind that the car at the sign was probably driven by a bear or raccoon–I wondered for quite a while when I would come across one of these.

hm insulators

Quote from: Pete from Boston on December 07, 2014, 12:35:46 AM

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 06, 2014, 08:36:41 PM

Some children's book of mine contained a green circular sign with a white "GO" legend.  Never mind that the car at the sign was probably driven by a bear or raccoon–I wondered for quite a while when I would come across one of these.

How many times down through the years I've been stuck behind some ding-a-ling at a STOP sign who just sits there and doesn't move; there's no other traffic on the other street and the intersection is perfectly clear, and I'll say something like, "There's no 'GO' sign!"
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.