News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

March Madness 2018 and Conference Tournaments

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, February 27, 2018, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Duke lost. North Carolina lost. Tennessee lost. I can live with all those outcomes.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

abefroman329

Quote from: ET21 on March 23, 2018, 08:48:50 AM
Who had Loyola in the Elite 8???! Cause I didn't....

As a Rogers Park resident, if I'd done a bracket, I would have.

Henry

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 27, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

I most certainly did not; now I'm kicking myself for having them lose in the first round. Ergo, I'll be rooting for them in the Final Four, just as I have throughout the tourney.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

abefroman329

Quote from: Henry on March 30, 2018, 09:40:37 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 27, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

I most certainly did not; now I'm kicking myself for having them lose in the first round. Ergo, I'll be rooting for them in the Final Four, just as I have throughout the tourney.

But that's exactly why I DIDN'T do a bracket, because I wouldn't have done any research, and done stupid shit like have Loyola go all the way, and then I would've won my office tourney, and that's not the way to do it.

oscar

In yesterday night's exciting women's semi-finals, UConn was knocked out of the tournament for the second year in a row. Its game against Notre Dame went to overtime, as did the win by Mississippi State (the team that beat UConn in last year's semis) over Louisville.

There is some hope for women's college hoops, now that UConn's dominance is eroding.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jp the roadgeek

:ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :ded: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

Feel like the last thing holding this state together just came unglued.  Last year was a fluke.  Now it's a pattern.  Turned out to be a battle of who could puke on their shoes last, and UConn did it.  Seems death and taxes (a death tax, and being taxed to death) are the only sure things left now in CT. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

NWI_Irish96

Last year was a fluke.  This year is how it's supposed to end every year.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jeffandnicole

Nova wins their 2nd tournament in 3 years. And for the Philly area in general, their 3rd major championship victory in 3 years as well, topped with the Eagles Superbowl Victory 2 months ago.

CNGL-Leudimin

Again, I get a great failure on my main bracket but I correctly predict the Champion on my second bracket! :-D Congratulations Nova!
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

NWI_Irish96

This is only the third year since the women's tournament started that private universities have won both men's and women's tournaments in the same year.

1992 Duke men/Stanford women
2001 Duke men/Notre Dame women
2018 Villanova men/Notre Dame women
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.