News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pensacola Bay Bridge (US-98) Replacement

Started by MCRoads, January 28, 2020, 12:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

I have lived in this area before, although a long tome ago, and saw that they were replacing the bridge. I was hoping that there were some pictures of progress in a thread, however it appears not. So, I have decided to start this thread, I guess better late than never!

Also, are there any plans to extend I-110 to the bridge? It seems logical, but maybe there are reasons why it ends where it does.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

The Ghostbuster

I highly doubt Interstate 110 will ever be extended on the southern end. As for its northern end, there was once a proposal to extend 110 northward to Nine Mile Road (US 90 Alternate), and possibly all the way to Interstate 65. However, that proposal was killed in the 1990's, due to political and financial hurdles.

sprjus4

Quote from: MCRoads on January 28, 2020, 12:21:43 PM
Also, are there any plans to extend I-110 to the bridge? It seems logical, but maybe there are reasons why it ends where it does.
Not happening. The area from the southern terminus of the interstate to the bridge is too heavily developed, you'd have to demolish almost everything there or build a 2 mile long extension of the existing viaduct. Both options are -expensive- and unlikely to ever happen.

edwaleni

A raised road over Gregory Street would be the best option if they took it that far, but like a previous post said, not going to happen.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.