News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What makes you laugh?

Started by tolbs17, April 07, 2021, 12:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

When I see so many locked threads in a forum!

When I see drivers speeding like crazy!

kernals12

When I think about the time my Dad and I fixed the doorbell while my Mom was napping. I discovered what happens when you wake up a hibernating bear.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

formulanone

Random occurrences and utterances of the absurd bridging the chasms of my knowledge.

Also, tickles.

jmacswimmer

"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Max Rockatansky

jmacswimmer

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 07, 2021, 02:09:22 PM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 07, 2021, 01:36:16 PM
Alanland.

Same, along with other stupid things of the like.
Indeed, my favorite types of humor are absurdist (examples: the Alanland thread, the movie Airplane!) and meta (such as when Family Guy makes jokes in the show about how Seth MacFarlane voices half the characters)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT3m2m_aE4E
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

WillWeaverRVA

Alanland.

Alanland also makes me cry, in the Alanlandian tradition.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

kenarmy

People getting mad at Fritzowl's plans, and then Fritz will say "that's part of my Athens to Atlantis I-888" :-D.
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kenarmy on April 07, 2021, 02:45:26 PM
People getting mad at Fritzowl's plans, and then Fritz will say "that's part of my Athens to Atlantis I-888" :-D.

Easily solved with Coat-to-Cost.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: kenarmy on April 07, 2021, 02:45:26 PM
People getting mad at Fritzowl's plans, and then Fritz will say "that's part of my Athens to Atlantis I-888, which is needed I think" :-D.
FTFY...You have to admire how thick Fritz's skin is :clap:

Personally, I enjoy taking his typos and making something absurd out of it, or asking questions that I know full well won't get answered (for instance, I once asked how he'd put an interstate-grade freeway, I-76 I think, over the US 40 Berthoud Pass alignment in Colorado).
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

Quote from: formulanone on April 07, 2021, 01:33:13 PM
Random occurrences and utterances of the absurd bridging the chasms of my knowledge.

If by this you mean... making weird connections between things most normal people would not think are related... then I agree 100%!

Ned Weasel

Nonsense.  Look up the meme "Sense: This Picture Makes None," and you'll find perfect examples of what makes me laugh.

Also Alanland.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Big John

kphoger

Alanland.

Sometimes, I remember a post from long ago on the forum, or I think of something I might want to post there, and I laugh hard enough to bring tears to my eyes.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Adding on to a generic response with the complete opposite of what was meant. I'm not sure what to call this. Reverse hyperbole, maybe?  Here's an example:

Person A: "Is that your fourth cookie?"
Person B: "No, of course not"
Me: "It's his fifth - Why would he stop at four?"

bandit957

When I think about the time in 5th grade when the teacher said, "It smells like a toilet in here."
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jeffandnicole

Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 07, 2021, 02:13:31 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 07, 2021, 02:09:22 PM
Alanland.

Same, along with other stupid things of the like.
Indeed, my favorite types of humor are absurdist (examples: the Alanland thread, the movie Airplane!) and meta (such as when Family Guy makes jokes in the show about how Seth MacFarlane voices half the characters)

Yep. Basically..."Stupid Comedies". The Naked Gun movies. Some of the more original Jeoperdy skits on SNL qualify.  On Whose Line Is It Anyway, I stop breathing when they have two audience members attempt sounds and such for Ryan and Colin as they are hysterical.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 08, 2021, 10:56:10 PM
On Whose Line Is It Anyway, I stop breathing when they have two audience members attempt sounds and such for Ryan and Colin as they are hysterical.

Ryan & Colin are both hilarious by themselves, and then when they work together the hilarity just multiplies :-D

(There's also a few versions of that sound effect game where Ryan does the sounds for Colin, and it's even better because Ryan is clearly trying to mess with Colin the entire time.)
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

TheGrassGuy

If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 09, 2021, 08:48:36 AM
On Whose Line Is It Anyway, I stop breathing when they have two audience members attempt sounds and such for Ryan and Colin as they are hysterical.

Ryan & Colin are both hilarious by themselves, and then when they work together the hilarity just multiplies :-D

(There's also a few versions of that sound effect game where Ryan does the sounds for Colin, and it's even better because Ryan is clearly trying to mess with Colin the entire time.)

I was just watching the original, UK version of the show (in which Colin and Ryan were both on that as well), and one of the episodes had a skit like that.  Yeah, they certainly like messing with each other.

I met Ryan once in Delaware at the Grand Theatre for a version of the show (but not connected, as the show name was slightly different).  Just a nice guy in general.  Before that, we went to the show in Atlantic City (obviously not "the" show, but this one was connected to the TV version).  The announced guests were Wayne, Ryan and Colin.  But there was also an unannounced guest...Drew Carey!  I'm guessing he had to be "in the area" that night, because I would think ticket prices would've been higher if he was on the published guest list!

JoePCool14

Alanland (and other stupid threads for that matter).

My old forum posts.

Signs that are so bad, they're good.

Stupid memes.

Stupid and oftentimes petty drama.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

CNGL-Leudimin

When a blasphemy on the Bad Drivers of Italy YouTube channel is bleeped barked out. The more barks the more I laugh.

When I revisit funny replies on this and other forums, e.g.
Quote from: NE2 on May 09, 2012, 07:47:27 PM
[I-30] would follow US 67 to Sabula and US 52 to NC.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 09, 2021, 08:59:31 AM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 09, 2021, 08:48:36 AM

I was just watching the original, UK version of the show (in which Colin and Ryan were both on that as well), and one of the episodes had a skit like that.  Yeah, they certainly like messing with each other.

I met Ryan once in Delaware at the Grand Theatre for a version of the show (but not connected, as the show name was slightly different).  Just a nice guy in general.  Before that, we went to the show in Atlantic City (obviously not "the" show, but this one was connected to the TV version).  The announced guests were Wayne, Ryan and Colin.  But there was also an unannounced guest...Drew Carey!  I'm guessing he had to be "in the area" that night, because I would think ticket prices would've been higher if he was on the published guest list!

That reminds me of my other favorite part of whose line...Colin/Ryan/Wayne/rotating 4th constantly ragging on Drew (who gives it right back in return).

During Scenes from a Hat, occasionally they're able to use the same joke twice in a row (while fitting both prompts) and this is one of the absolute funniest things to me.
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

JayhawkCO

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.