News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Quotable Movies

Started by OCGuy81, April 12, 2021, 11:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 25, 2021, 02:01:14 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on April 25, 2021, 11:09:16 AM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 25, 2021, 10:30:24 AM
If you watch a lot of motor sports, Cars.
Meh. I like NASCAR, but I'm not really that into those movies.

Maybe it's more just the meme culture then, which opens a whole can of worms on its own.

The first Cars movie is way more about US Route 66 and made it special than racing or anything quotable.  Yeah there was the Hudson Hornet, Piston Cup and Plymouth Superbird as NASCAR homages but that definitely was not the focus.  I didn't care for any of the sequels. 

SSOWorld

The first rule of fight club - You do not talk about fight club
The second rule of fight club - YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 25, 2021, 02:07:35 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 25, 2021, 02:01:14 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on April 25, 2021, 11:09:16 AM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 25, 2021, 10:30:24 AM
If you watch a lot of motor sports, Cars.
Meh. I like NASCAR, but I'm not really that into those movies.
Maybe it's more just the meme culture then, which opens a whole can of worms on its own.
The first Cars movie is way more about US Route 66 and made it special than racing or anything quotable.  Yeah there was the Hudson Hornet, Piston Cup and Plymouth Superbird as NASCAR homages but that definitely was not the focus.  I didn't care for any of the sequels.

Oh yeah, the sequels were trash. Cars 2 is just completely off-topic compared to the first movie, shoe-horning the comedic relief into the focus. I don't remember much about Cars 3, but it definitely didn't top the first movie.

Best part of course would probably be this short clip starting at 43 seconds.  :bigass:

https://youtu.be/mdEc5kiPkLU?t=43

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

interstatefan990

Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Also, I don't quote it myself, but I can't stop hearing certain people say lines from that movie called "Mean Girls".

Not a movie, but The Office is just about the most quotable TV show in existence.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

SSOWorld

Quote from: interstatefan990 on April 25, 2021, 08:16:09 PM
Not a movie, but The Office is just about the most quotable TV show in existence.
That's what she said...
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

kphoger

"Look at all those sleeping trucks!"
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

OCGuy81

While not super quotable, I do find the following from the Lord of the Rings trilogy (Two Towers to be specific) quote to be rather amusing.

Sam: "PO-TAY-TO!! Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew!"

CoreySamson

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 25, 2021, 08:14:38 PM
Best part of course would probably be this short clip starting at 43 seconds.  :bigass:

https://youtu.be/mdEc5kiPkLU?t=43
Is the little section starting at 1:33 on (or at least inspired by) I-10 in west Texas?
https://www.google.com/maps/@30.7414405,-101.7160642,3a,75y,278.62h,84.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_vfs1tVKSEOY1AKLpjL1kw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.