AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: I-265 Ohio River Bridge  (Read 142997 times)

ilpt4u

• Last Login: Today at 08:59:55 PM
Re: I-265 Ohio River Bridge
« Reply #550 on: July 27, 2020, 12:14:27 AM »

Any word on if/when the exction between I-65 and I-71 will be signed as I-265?
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=27242.0

It was postulated in the Beltway Mileage Clockwise vs Counterclockwise thread, that KYTC will probably add I-265 signage for the North/West Direction at the I-71/I-265 Interchange as that interchange is scheduled to be reconstructed

I hope they not only add I-265 signage, but KYTC finally gives the Synder proper Control Cities. Now that it crosses the Ohio, it functions both as a true beltway and a suburban connector. Without the Ohio River Bridge, without Controls was fine, as it was basically a suburban connector freeway
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:18:44 AM by ilpt4u »

chays

• Last Login: May 12, 2021, 06:07:45 PM
« Reply #551 on: July 27, 2020, 12:32:31 AM »

Any word on if/when the exction between I-65 and I-71 will be signed as I-265?
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=27242.0

It was postulated in the Beltway Mileage Clockwise vs Counterclockwise thread, that KYTC will probably add I-265 signage for the North/West Direction at the I-71/I-265 Interchange as that interchange is scheduled to be reconstructed

I hope they not only add I-265 signage, but KYTC finally gives the Synder proper Control Cities. Now that it crosses the Ohio, it functions both as a true beltway and a suburban connector. Without the Ohio River Bridge, without Controls was fine, as it was basically a suburban connector freeway
Thank you for the update!

someone17

• Impossible!

• Last Login: February 18, 2021, 11:05:59 AM
    • Reddit account:
« Reply #552 on: August 23, 2020, 08:49:31 AM »

Anyway, why is I-265 past the interchange with I-65 still signed as SR 265? Also, by exit 11 on I/SR-265, in Utica, there's supposed to be an "interchange" where River Ridge Pkwy splits with another road that hasn't been built yet.
Finally time that I customize my AARoads account.

cabiness42

• Last Login: May 15, 2021, 08:32:29 AM
« Reply #553 on: August 23, 2020, 09:53:42 AM »

Anyway, why is I-265 past the interchange with I-65 still signed as SR 265? Also, by exit 11 on I/SR-265, in Utica, there's supposed to be an "interchange" where River Ridge Pkwy splits with another road that hasn't been built yet.

It's up to INDOT and KYDOT to change the signage between I-65 and I-71, no idea why they haven't done yet.

As for the River Ridge interchange, that entire area north of 265 is an old munitions depot that is being redeveloped. The parts along IN 62 got developed first and that section where that interchange is will be future development.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 07:57:25 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #554 on: August 24, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »

If anyone is so inclined, they can email KYTC.District5info@ky.gov to ask when the I-265 signage will be installed.

I identify as vaccinated.

CardInLex

• Last Login: Today at 02:58:07 PM
« Reply #555 on: January 03, 2021, 08:47:00 AM »

The new C/D ramps at I-265 and I-71 opened late last night! The I-Move project is moving ahead at a crazy speed. I hope this style design/build project happens for future projects.

Edit: I hope the signs are permanent. Northbound is still identified as KY 841 and not I-265. Hopefully as the project progresses, the signs will be corrected.

Edit edit: I hope the signs arenít permanent.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:35:18 PM by CardInLex »

cl94

• Trust me, I'm a transportation engineer

• Last Login: Today at 09:07:16 PM
« Reply #556 on: January 04, 2021, 11:07:53 PM »

I would assume that the renumber just isn't a high priority item for either INDOT or KYTC. New signs cost money and the I-designation means less with how people tend to navigate by GPS nowadays. The renumber became official in 2019, so it's not like they're just waiting on AASHTO approval to change out signs.

Edit: I hope the signs are permanent. Northbound is still identified as KY 841 and not I-265. Hopefully as the project progresses, the signs will be corrected.

This is the item that raises question marks. The 71/265 rebuild would be the logical time to renumber on the KY side because they're already changing out the signs.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 07:57:25 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #557 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:24 PM »

I would assume that the renumber just isn't a high priority item for either INDOT or KYTC. New signs cost money and the I-designation means less with how people tend to navigate by GPS nowadays. The renumber became official in 2019, so it's not like they're just waiting on AASHTO approval to change out signs.

This is the item that raises question marks. The 71/265 rebuild would be the logical time to renumber on the KY side because they're already changing out the signs.

If anyone is truly concerned, they can email kytc.district5info@ky.gov to pose the question, and post the answer here.

I identify as vaccinated.

GreenLanternCorps

• What's behind me, is not important!

• Last Login: May 15, 2021, 07:58:59 PM
« Reply #558 on: May 04, 2021, 07:25:10 AM »

How long does it take for Riverlink to send you a bill for crossing the bridge?

I finally crossed it Westbound on a foggy day the weekend before Thanksgiving and still have not gotten a bill...

I-55

• Midwesterner and Southerner

• Last Login: Today at 09:00:31 PM
« Reply #559 on: May 04, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »

I finally crossed it Westbound on a foggy day the weekend before Thanksgiving and still have not gotten a bill...

It took me a few months before I received my first invoice, also I think they wait for you to cross twice before sending a bill in the mail (the wisdom being that if you cross once you'll eventually cross back and they want to save money on the snail mail).
I have Unbridled Spirit driving on the Crossroads of America to the Heart of Dixie. I listen to the Soundtrack of America as I receive the South's Warmest Welcome, then driving Hog Wild to Show Me through the Land of Lincoln, back through the Bluegrass to Almost Heaven, and I Found it Here.

mvak36

• Last Login: Today at 12:15:20 PM
« Reply #560 on: May 04, 2021, 12:19:00 PM »

I am not sure if you have to wait for them to send the bill, but I saw that they have a Pay By Plate option (I am not sure if it will work or not. I just saw it on their site).
https://riverlink.com/RiverLink.External/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FRiverLink.External%2FAccount%2FAccountSummary.aspx

EDIT: I guess I should read a little closer. :pan:
To pay a toll: Use "Pay by Invoice" if you have received an invoice or "Pay by Plate" if you have not.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.