News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US-77 in Central Texas

Started by jgb191, May 20, 2024, 05:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

I'm not sure if this has even been talked about or even speculated, but I'm wondering if anybody agrees with upgrading the section of US-77 from Victoria to Waco to a four-lane divided highway (but not necessarily to Interstate standards).  Currently, it is already paralleling I-35 in North Texas, and being upgraded to I-69 in South Texas.  How about the possibility of a four-lane divided highway in Central Texas for an improved connection between the North and South?  How many of the towns along the way would need a bypass route around them (Giddings, Schulenburg, Hallettsville, Cameron)?  This would give drivers from South Texas (Corpus Christi/RGV) shorter driving distance to North Texas (Dallas/Ft. Worth).

We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Anthony_JK

Quote from: jgb191 on May 20, 2024, 05:57:10 PMI'm not sure if this has even been talked about or even speculated, but I'm wondering if anybody agrees with upgrading the section of US-77 from Victoria to Waco to a four-lane divided highway (but not necessarily to Interstate standards).  Currently, it is already paralleling I-35 in North Texas, and being upgraded to I-69 in South Texas.  How about the possibility of a four-lane divided highway in Central Texas for an improved connection between the North and South?  How many of the towns along the way would need a bypass route around them (Giddings, Schulenburg, Hallettsville, Cameron)?  This would give drivers from South Texas (Corpus Christi/RGV) shorter driving distance to North Texas (Dallas/Ft. Worth).
Another means for long-range traffic to bypass the madness of I-35 through SA, Austin, and Belton/Waco?? I'm all for it.

moto g power (2022)

MaxConcrete

That section of US 77 is part of the Texas Trunk System. All highways in the trunk system are planned for upgrade to four-lane divided, eventually.

See page 3

However, US 77 is not addressed specifically in the presentation, so it appears to be a low priority item.
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Anthony_JK

Quote from: NE2 on May 20, 2024, 11:54:59 PMFictional
Not really, since it is in TXDOT's plans.

moto g power (2022)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.