News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on December 03, 2021, 02:06:48 PM
The Superdome is not a hOsTiLe EnViOrNmEnT. Not sure why this objectively false narrative continues to be perpetuated. The Saints are 1-4 at home and 4-3 away from home. Since 2018 they are 21-13 at home and 24-7 away from home. In three consecutive seasons they've lost a playoff game in their own building, and now they've lost two games that were effectively playoff games in their own building in a week, because they're for sure done now.

Looked like a pretty strong Bills Mafia showing on Thanksgiving as well. But then again maybe hostile environments in general are becoming a thing of the past. I believe home teams have a losing record so far this season, which would be the first time in a while (maybe ever?) if it holds.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 03, 2021, 03:04:15 PM
I would've never expected him to do something like that!

[/s]  :D

thspfc

Quote from: webny99 on December 03, 2021, 03:06:29 PM
The Superdome is not a hOsTiLe EnViOrNmEnT. Not sure why this objectively false narrative continues to be perpetuated. The Saints are 1-4 at home and 4-3 away from home. Since 2018 they are 21-13 at home and 24-7 away from home. In three consecutive seasons they've lost a playoff game in their own building, and now they've lost two games that were effectively playoff games in their own building in a week, because they're for sure done now.

Looked like a pretty strong Bills Mafia showing on Thanksgiving as well. But then again maybe hostile environments in general are becoming a thing of the past. I believe home teams have a losing record so far this season, which would be the first time in a while (maybe ever?) if it holds.
Home teams also had a losing record last year, obviously with little to no fans. I believe that away teams are winning even more often this year than they were last year though.

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on December 03, 2021, 05:03:43 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 03, 2021, 03:06:29 PM

Home teams also had a losing record last year, obviously with little to no fans. I believe that away teams are winning even more often this year than they were last year though.

Sorry, was thinking historically and forgot about last year, but yes.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

thspfc

Quote from: thspfc on August 19, 2021, 08:01:28 PM
Rams 45, Jaguars 7 in week 13: Rams defense will destroy the Jags young offense, and the Jags defense won't stop the Rams offense
Not bad . . .

plain

Newark born, Richmond bred

plain

The BAL/PIT game should've went to overtime. That was not a good decision by John Harbaugh.

Seahawks survived.

And the Giants is terrible yet again.

ilpt4u

Quote from: plain on December 05, 2021, 07:43:04 PM
The BAL/PIT game should've went to overtime. That was not a good decision by John Harbaugh.
Disagree. I'd rather control my own Fate, + or -, than let a Coin Toss have input on the W or L

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: ilpt4u on December 05, 2021, 07:52:36 PM
Disagree. I'd rather control my own Fate, + or -, than let a Coin Toss have input on the W or L

Yeah, I'm in the "go for two" camp. Don't let a coin toss decide anything. Not the best play call though.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jmacswimmer

Quote from: cabiness42 on December 05, 2021, 08:00:18 PM
Quote from: ilpt4u on December 05, 2021, 07:52:36 PM

Yeah, I'm in the "go for two" camp. Don't let a coin toss decide anything. Not the best play call though.

I thought the play call/design was good - the problem was the execution. Andrews was all alone to waltz in, but the throw was slightly off-target and Andrews, still having a chance, just couldn't come up with it.

I found it slightly humorous hearing Romo say "awww, wish the Ravens would go for 2, but they'll just kick the extra point"  immediately after the cameras showed Harbaugh holding up 2 fingers. He was beside himself as soon as Nantz corrected him :-D
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Lukeisroads

Big John

The ravens lost their starting cornerbacks during the game and the coach didn't want the defense on the field again that game.

plain

I'm just still on the fence about the whole thing. The Ravens have been struggling in the Red Zone as of late and they have Justin Tucker just in case. Even if they let it go into overtime, just try to hold Ben off in case the coin flip goes south and maybe they could get in FG range. That throw was indeed off and something like that is what I was thinking about when they went for it.

Quote from: Lukeisroads on December 05, 2021, 08:16:19 PM
Quote from: plain on December 05, 2021, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on December 05, 2021, 04:48:27 PM

Lmmfaoooo
you know washington has had a decent season

Who said they didn't? They're at least doing better than the Giants. I just thought the pic was hilarious.

Max Rockatansky

You guys aren't talking about the Lions not going winless?  Between that and Michigan winning the Big Ten championship it basically was my ideal football weekend.

webny99

I sorta had a feeling the Vikings weren't going to pull two wins out of the fire against the Lions, nor were the Lions going to lose another game in disastrous fashion. So if you told me it was close, I would have guessed the Lions won. I feel like 1-15-1 is the perfect Lions record. The win didn't even cost them draft position since everyone else has at least two wins.

As for the Ravens going for two, I view it as a gutsy call, but not necessarily the wrong call especially if you don't think your defense can get off the field. It basically means the game hinges on that single play instead of being decided by multiple plays, so it definitely shows confidence in your offense as well. I don't have a big problem with it though. Obviously it's one of those things where no one is questioning it if it works, and everyone is questioning it if it doesn't work. So there's certainly less risk of criticism by kicking the PAT even if you end up losing in OT.

thspfc

Huh. Everyone told me that the Rams are falling apart and might not even make the playoffs (yes, I've heard/seen multiple people say that). Weird that they're 8-4, have a top 10 quarterback, a top 5 coach, a top 5 group of skill players, a solid offensive line, and a defense that is malleable at its worst but dominant at its best.

News flash: good teams can have bad stretches.

Ravens/Steelers was one of those games that made so little sense, yet also made so much sense. The Steelers had given up an average of nearly 200 rush yards in their previous three games. Facing the Ravens' offense, it should have been an obvious loss. But Tomlin clearly outcoached Harbaugh, and the Steelers have more playmakers on offense and defense than the Ravens.

It's time to face the unthinkable reality that Tom Brady is going to win the MVP award at 44 years old. He's leading the league in pass completions, attempts, yards, and touchdowns. We need to start really appreciating this guy's career because it will never be replicated in any sport ever. This is far, far beyond anything Michael Jordan accomplished during his time in the NBA.

webny99

Today was also Jared Goff's first win with a coach other than Sean McVay, which is pretty unbelievable.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on December 05, 2021, 10:49:50 PM
Today was also Jared Goff's first win with a coach other than Sean McVay, which is pretty unbelievable.

Why?  Jared Goff isn't all that good and might not last as a starter in the NFL much longer.  Whatever happened to him after the 2018 season who knows but he's regressed heavily.  He dragged the Rams down with him the last two seasons.

oscar

Quote from: webny99 on December 05, 2021, 10:43:48 PM
I feel like 1-15-1 is the perfect Lions record. The win didn't even cost them draft position since everyone else has at least two wins.

But if they're not careful, they're now within a half-game of losing the #1 overall 2022 draft pick to the Jaguars and/or Texans.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Alps

Quote from: thspfc on December 05, 2021, 10:46:39 PM
Huh. Everyone told me that the Rams are falling apart and might not even make the playoffs (yes, I've heard/seen multiple people say that). Weird that they're 8-4, have a top 10 quarterback, a top 5 coach, a top 5 group of skill players, a solid offensive line, and a defense that is malleable at its worst but dominant at its best.

Ravens/Steelers was one of those games that made so little sense, yet also made so much sense. The Steelers had given up an average of nearly 200 rush yards in their previous three games. Facing the Ravens' offense, it should have been an obvious loss. But Tomlin clearly outcoached Harbaugh, and the Steelers have more playmakers on offense and defense than the Ravens.

It's time to face the unthinkable reality that Tom Brady is going to win the MVP award at 44 years old. He's leading the league in pass completions, attempts, yards, and touchdowns. We need to start really appreciating this guy's career because it will never be replicated in any sport ever. This is far, far beyond anything Michael Jordan accomplished during his time in the NBA.
Jordan never cheated.

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

Personally, I was surprised that the Lions even won yesterday, seeing that the Lions lost all except one game where they tied.
Renewed roadgeek

thspfc

Quote from: CoolAngrybirdsrio4 on December 06, 2021, 02:14:52 AM
Personally, I was surprised that the Lions even won yesterday, seeing that the Lions lost all except one game where they tied.
I think this is the most steaming hot take in this thread (/s)

webny99

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2021, 11:04:30 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 05, 2021, 10:49:50 PM

Why?  Jared Goff isn't all that good and might not last as a starter in the NFL much longer.  Whatever happened to him after the 2018 season who knows but he's regressed heavily.  He dragged the Rams down with him the last two seasons.

He's had four head coaches. I know that situation matters, but to be the #1 overall pick and be 0-17-1 (now 1-17-1) under coaches not named Sean McVay is pretty crazy.

And it's not like he's a downright terrible player. He's been bad at times, especially this season, but he has a lot more playoff experience (6 appearances, 3 wins) than Matthew Stafford (3 appearances, 0 wins), which is something that isn't talked about enough. He also helped the Rams to a Wild Card victory with an injured thumb last season, which I certainly wouldn't call dragging them down.

Quote from: thspfc on December 05, 2021, 10:46:39 PM

The Rams are a very good team, but they have to beat the Cardinals next week or the division race is basically over. And do you really trust Matthew Stafford (who, as mentioned, has zero career playoff wins) to win three straight road playoff games (including most likely one in Lambeau) to get to the Super Bowl? Of course the Rams are going to make the playoffs, but to go "all-in" with a QB lacking playoff experience and not win your own division is basically setting yourself up for disappointment.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.