Single suggestions that aren't enough for their own thread

Started by webny99, March 13, 2018, 12:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Two completely avoidable and somewhat annoying things have been happening a lot recently:

-Quoting of posts that have five or more images, which increases page length for no reason. You can cut out the images, or even just quote the author's name.
-Excessively long Google Maps links (you can easily avoid this by doing [bracket]url=(paste link)[/bracket](words to link)[bracket]/url[/bracket]).

vdeane

Quote from: webny99 on March 13, 2018, 12:29:56 PM
-Excessively long Google Maps links (you can easily avoid this by doing [bracket]url=(paste link)[/bracket](words to link)[bracket]/url[/bracket]).
Also by checking the "short URL" option in the share/embed link dialog.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

webny99

Quote from: vdeane on March 13, 2018, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: webny99 on March 13, 2018, 12:29:56 PM
Also by checking the "short URL" option in the share/embed link dialog.

If you mean the little globe with the clipboard (above the emojies), that's kind of cool! I never knew about that shortcut... I just figured out the code from taking note of how it was done in posts I quoted.

vdeane

It's an option in Google Maps, not here.  Menu, Share or embed map, then it has the checkbox and a link that can be copied.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.