News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Total time logged in:

Started by thenetwork, January 25, 2018, 11:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: webny99 on February 01, 2018, 11:01:45 PM
Quote from: US71 on February 01, 2018, 10:30:11 PM
What about quality of posts vs time logged in?

Typically either both high or both low. Just throwing that out there  ;-)
Having just typed and posted a quality epistle over in the Northeast board, I feel qualified to say that much  :D

Don't strain your arm patting yourself on the back.   :spin:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

webny99

Quote from: US71 on February 02, 2018, 12:23:45 AM
Don't strain your arm patting yourself on the back.   :spin:

Oh, no worries, my arm muscles are well adapted for that exact purpose  :sombrero:

texaskdog

Total time logged in: 9 days, 3 hours and 26 minutes.

3 days, 20 hours, and 26 minutes.

Just returned from a completely unintentional (and slightly embarrassing) absence of uncertain but considerable length.  Sorry, guys!
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

jasonh300

4 hours and 39 minutes.  :-(

I've been following this site for almost 15 years, and even contributed some info to some of the highway guides back around 2005, but somehow never got into the forums until about a year ago, and I've pretty much just been a lurker.  I was much more into message forums back then, and may have registered under a different name/email, but darned if I can figure out what it would have been.

Scott5114

Quote from: Thing 342 on January 26, 2018, 06:32:10 PM
In summary, the only real conclusion that I can draw is that tenured members of the forum maybe tend to spend more time researching the boards before composing a post. However, this is beset by the fact that the total login time variable is somewhat of an unreliable measurement. It's also a small sample size (N = 22), maybe if I had a larger dataset the results would be more concrete. I could always scrape the members list, but I suspect the admins wouldn't be too pleased about that.

I wonder if the inclusion of moderators/admins may be skewing the data. There are times when I'm not particularly interested in a topic, but I spend time checking on the thread and not posting because it looks like it may need moderation at some point.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hotdogPi

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 10, 2018, 02:40:16 PM
In summary, the only real conclusion that I can draw is that tenured members of the forum maybe tend to spend more time researching the boards before composing a post. However, this is beset by the fact that the total login time variable is somewhat of an unreliable measurement. It's also a small sample size (N = 22), maybe if I had a larger dataset the results would be more concrete. I could always scrape the members list, but I suspect the admins wouldn't be too pleased about that.

I wonder if the inclusion of moderators/admins may be skewing the data. There are times when I'm not particularly interested in a topic, but I spend time checking on the thread and not posting because it looks like it may need moderation at some point.

No, I'm skewing the data. I have more than twice the time of anyone else included in those 22.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: 1 on February 10, 2018, 02:43:23 PM

No, I'm skewing the data. I have more than twice the time of anyone else included in those 22.

Plus a lot of my time is just double checking stuff, and fixing the forum while it's maintenance mode.  Sometimes I can rack up 3-4 hours doing that if the problem is that big.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 10, 2018, 10:32:23 PM

Plus a lot of my time is just double checking stuff, and fixing the forum while it's maintenance mode.  Sometimes I can rack up 3-4 hours doing that if the problem is that big.
Well, lookie here! Mr. Maintenance wants a cookie! :-D :-P[/sarcasm]
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

rickmastfan67

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 13, 2018, 12:11:35 PM

Send me $500 and I'll be quiet. :P lol. :sombrero:

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 13, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 13, 2018, 12:11:35 PM

Send me $500 and I'll be quiet. :P lol. :sombrero:
What? Are my two cents not good enough for you rick? :-D
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

ozarkman417

I've only been a member of this forum for about two weeks and I have 11 hours logged in. I know there are people here who have thousands of posts and have been here for years, so I'm wondering how much time they have been logged in to this forum.

Big John

rickmastfan67

kphoger

Currently at 87 days 1 hour 29 minutes.  But "logged in" doesn't necessarily mean I'm doing anything.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

I thought time logged in was part of "stats", and therefore on of the ever-growing list of banned topics.

JoePCool14

9 days, 2 hours, 11 minutes. That sounds about right for me, based on how long I've been a member here.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

163 days, 15 hours and 37 minutes apparently.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: webny99 on August 26, 2019, 01:31:58 PM
I thought time logged in was part of "stats", and therefore on of the ever-growing list of banned topics.

Was already an active thread.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: webny99 on August 26, 2019, 01:31:58 PM

Depends.  If it's just a simple question and the answers are accepted, it won't be banned.

If someone becomes obsessive over the stats, then it becomes an issue.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.