News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Sneak Preview

Started by US71, November 18, 2013, 11:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

http://www.flickr.com/photos/us_71/sets/72157637806872164/

A work in progress: pre-drive on I-49 in Louisiana.  I'll post a few here, but most will be on my Flickr page.

H/T to Grzrd for helping setting this up.

LA/AR State Line

Bridge work on I-49 in Arkansas

Speed Limit 75

US 71 @ I-49 near Gilliam
(this will be the northern terminus of 49 until Arkansas is ready to go)

Off-ramp to US 71 from I-49 at Gilliam

Advance exit sign for LA 173

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Grzrd

Great shots, US71! Thank you for sharing.

One note about the "Speed Limit 75" sign. Segments B-D will be local traffic only until Arkansas finishes its section, tentatively in May. The posted "75" picture is from the B-D stretch, I think Segment B. The only signage on B-D is for the speed limit and "bridge freezes before roadway" signs.  It is an unusual situation to drive an interstate with such minimal signage. I like to think of it as a temporary "neighborhood interstate".

bassoon1986

East and West US 71....whoops!

txstateends

Quote from: US71 on November 18, 2013, 11:18:00 AM

A work in progress: pre-drive on I-49 in Louisiana.  I'll post a few here, but most will be on my Flickr page.

Great pix!!  But, what is up with that smushed LA shield??  It almost looks like a big white loveseat.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

pctech

Yeah I noticed the US 71 East-West too. DODT is obviously directionally challenged, as  this pops up over the state.  :spin:

US71

Quote from: pctech on January 14, 2014, 09:07:15 AM
Yeah I noticed the US 71 East-West too. DODT is obviously directionally challenged, as  this pops up over the state.  :spin:

LaDOTD was notified of this error, but I've not been back to veirfy if it's been corrected.  I suspect it was a contractor error.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cjk374

Quote from: txstateends on November 18, 2013, 09:12:14 PM
Quote from: US71 on November 18, 2013, 11:18:00 AM

Great pix!!  But, what is up with that smushed LA shield??  It almost looks like a big white loveseat.
You will be hard-pressed to find a constant look for the state shields on exit signs in Louisiana. everything from fine-detailed to love seats to what-the-hell-is-that-supposed-to-be shapes.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.