Fictitious restaurants from movies and TV you wish were real

Started by golden eagle, February 21, 2023, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

I've been binge-watching Breaking Bad and there's a fast food restaurant featured called Los Pollos Hermanos (the Chicken Brothers). If it were a real establishment, I imagine it would be on par with restaurants like Zaxby's or Raising Cane's.

I also wish the Big Kahuna Burger in the movie Pulp Fiction were a real place.

kphoger

My one restaurant idea would be to start a chain of fast-food meatball restaurants.  There would be all sorts of different entrée items on the menu, but they would all be meatball-based.

Spaghetti and meatballs
Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes
Cocktail (sweet & spicy) meatballs with potato salad
Bánh mì
Kofta kebab with fattoush or tabouli
Bulgogi meatballs with rice
Italian wedding soup
Beef meatball Stroganoff
Kibbeh with hummus

etc.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

golden eagle

Quote from: kphoger on February 21, 2023, 02:57:13 PM
My one restaurant idea would be to start a chain of fast-food meatball restaurants.  There would be all sorts of different entrée items on the menu, but they would all be meatball-based.

Spaghetti and meatballs
Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes
Cocktail (sweet & spicy) meatballs with potato salad
Bánh mì
Kofta kebab with fattoush or tabouli
Bulgogi meatballs with rice
Italian wedding soup
Beef meatball Stroganoff
Kibbeh with hummus

etc.

I was really meaning from movies and TV. Since I didn't make it clear from the start, I'll let this one slide.

MATraveler128

It would be cool if The Drunken Clam from Family Guy was real.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

kphoger

Quote from: golden eagle on February 21, 2023, 03:01:23 PM
I was really meaning from movies and TV. Since I didn't make it clear from the start, I'll let this one slide.

Oh, well, in that case, how about some taverns?

The Prancing Pony (Bree)
The Snuggly Duckling (rural Corona)
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

GaryV

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Flint1979

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Takumi

Melville's Fine Seafood from Cheers (Cheers itself was a real bar, sort of)

Le Cigar Volante and Cafe Nervosa from Frasier
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Rothman

golden eagle

kphoger

Quote from: Takumi on February 21, 2023, 07:36:49 PM
(Cheers itself was a real bar, sort of)

Yes, I have a childhood memory of our family patronizing it while on vacation in Boston in the early 90s.
Male pronouns, please.

Life in Paradise

Quote from: kphoger on February 22, 2023, 12:28:52 PM

Yes, I have a childhood memory of our family patronizing it while on vacation in Boston in the early 90s.
It's still there in the 20-teens.  Stopped there on a vacation.  It's not exactly like the TV show, but has a little of the vibe to go along with the "touristy" stuff.

kphoger

The only thing I remember is that tourists had apparently been stealing individual bricks from the interior walls, to take home as souvenirs.
Male pronouns, please.

formulanone

The Frying Dutchman (because even the plastic lobsters are also edible)

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Mr_Northside

Quote from: golden eagle on February 21, 2023, 02:11:20 PM

When I saw this thread, my first thought was of Pulp Fiction - but I was thinking of "Jack Rabbit Slims", and not Big Kahuna Burger
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

SectorZ

Quote from: Life in Paradise on February 22, 2023, 12:47:35 PM

It's still there in the 20-teens.  Stopped there on a vacation.  It's not exactly like the TV show, but has a little of the vibe to go along with the "touristy" stuff.

Did you guys go to the one in Faneuil Hall that was the mockup of the bar in the show, or the bar near Boston Common that was the Bull & Finch Pub that was the inspiration for the show?

It's such a tourist thing. I know few around Boston who went to either, and the Faneuil Hall one bit the dust due to Covid.

golden eagle

Quote from: Mr_Northside on February 22, 2023, 04:26:06 PM
Quote from: golden eagle on February 21, 2023, 02:11:20 PM

When I saw this thread, my first thought was of Pulp Fiction - but I was thinking of "Jack Rabbit Slims", and not Big Kahuna Burger

I can go for that.

Rothman

Quote from: SectorZ on February 22, 2023, 04:59:30 PM
Quote from: Life in Paradise on February 22, 2023, 12:47:35 PM

Did you guys go to the one in Faneuil Hall that was the mockup of the bar in the show, or the bar near Boston Common that was the Bull & Finch Pub that was the inspiration for the show?

It's such a tourist thing. I know few around Boston who went to either, and the Faneuil Hall one bit the dust due to Covid.
Heh.  I didn't know there was a mock-up by Faneuil Hall.  Only been to the Bull and Finch.

Still disappointed that Durgin Park went under.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.