News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

General WNBA thread

Started by Alps, June 02, 2023, 10:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Liberty won a thriller tonight on a late field goal and solid defense. They're now 4-1 after losing the season opener and finally looking like an exciting team. Let's track the season here!

kurumi

Connecticut Sun are 5-1 and that one loss (and it wasn't close) was to the Liberty.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Alps

Read today that Paige Bueckers is coming back next year as a redshirt senior. I think she's got a pretty good hunch that Caitlin's going #1 this year and Paige can be a pretty close to undisputed #1 next year.

Henry

Quote from: Alps on April 05, 2024, 05:56:43 PMRead today that Paige Bueckers is coming back next year as a redshirt senior. I think she's got a pretty good hunch that Caitlin's going #1 this year and Paige can be a pretty close to undisputed #1 next year.
Yeah, that makes sense. With Caitlin nearing the end of the road, I was expecting Paige to stay where she is so she won't have to play second fiddle in her rookie season. BTW, I'm watching UCONN take on Iowa, and so far it's shaping up to be a good game.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

kurumi

Caitlin Clark is having an effect on ticket prices: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-05/100-a-ticket-for-an-wnba-game-caitlin-clark-inflation-roils-l-a-womens-basketball

QuoteNot including taxes and fees, it cost less than $16 for a family of four to watch the Sparks play the Indiana Fever at Crypto.com Arena last July.

Next month those WNBA teams will compete again in Long Beach, and this time four tickets will set a family back between $448 to $560.

StubHub has the price of admission to the May 24 Fever-Sparks game at about $112 to $140 per person, and ticket prices have increased due to University of Iowa superstar Caitlin Clark and other standout college players heading to the WNBA after the NCAA women's basketball tournament ends this weekend. (The smaller Long Beach arena may also play a factor in the higher prices.)

The Fever are expected to select Clark with the No. 1 overall pick in the WNBA draft on April 15. She's not only considered the best college player, she's the top draw.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Henry

Quote from: kurumi on April 05, 2024, 10:58:27 PMCaitlin Clark is having an effect on ticket prices: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-05/100-a-ticket-for-an-wnba-game-caitlin-clark-inflation-roils-l-a-womens-basketball

QuoteNot including taxes and fees, it cost less than $16 for a family of four to watch the Sparks play the Indiana Fever at Crypto.com Arena last July.

Next month those WNBA teams will compete again in Long Beach, and this time four tickets will set a family back between $448 to $560.

StubHub has the price of admission to the May 24 Fever-Sparks game at about $112 to $140 per person, and ticket prices have increased due to University of Iowa superstar Caitlin Clark and other standout college players heading to the WNBA after the NCAA women's basketball tournament ends this weekend. (The smaller Long Beach arena may also play a factor in the higher prices.)

The Fever are expected to select Clark with the No. 1 overall pick in the WNBA draft on April 15. She's not only considered the best college player, she's the top draw.

Funny that the last time a player got this much hype was 21 years ago, when a high-school kid from Akron ended up being drafted by his local team (and ironically, the Cavaliers happened to win the lottery back then). I expect Caitlin's career to follow the same trajectory, especially in terms of turning her teams into immediate championship contenders.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Road Hog

What is the draft status of Angel Reese? She is probably Magic to Clark's Bird. (or vice versa)

bing101

jlam

Henry

This is shaping up to be the greatest era in WNBA history! To see all those college and international stars get drafted, I don't know if we'll ever see one of this magnitude again.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.