I-49 Coming to Missouri

Started by US71, August 04, 2010, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: bugo on September 04, 2012, 10:31:49 PM
Florida gives out free orange juice at some of its welcome centers.

It's settled, then.  Missouri should build rest areas on I-49.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

bugo

There are signs near the Oklahoma turnpike service areas that say that no purchase is required to use the bathrooms. 

The prices at the convenience stores and burger joints on the Oklahoma turnpikes are pretty much equivalent to the prices at stores off the turnpikes.

US71

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2012, 10:33:00 PM

OK. Where do you suggest? ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kphoger

Quote from: US71 on September 04, 2012, 10:42:35 PM

Southbound - South of Harrisonville, there is room at the 327th Street line.

Northbound - Somewhere around Horton.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

FL giving out orange juice is a tourism ploy to play into Florida's orange-growing industries. What beverage would be associated with Missouri? (Harry S Truman liked the hard stuff, didn't he?)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Road Hog

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 05, 2012, 01:27:08 AM

FL giving out orange juice is a tourism ploy to play into Florida's orange-growing industries. What beverage would be associated with Missouri? (Harry S Truman liked the hard stuff, didn't he?)

Well, Anheuser-Busch is headquartered in St. Louis ....

at least before they were bought out. Maybe they're still there.

US71

Quote from: Road Hog on September 05, 2012, 02:17:55 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 05, 2012, 01:27:08 AM

Well, Anheuser-Busch is headquartered in St. Louis ....

at least before they were bought out. Maybe they're still there.

Boulevard Brewery in Kansas City,  Mothers Brewery in Springfield ;)

US71

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2012, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: US71 on September 04, 2012, 10:42:35 PM

Southbound - South of Harrisonville, there is room at the 327th Street line.

Northbound - Somewhere around Horton.

I had earlier been thinking somewhere near Compton Junction  or somewhere south of Harrisonville: so we're within 5 miles of each other. :)

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

InterstateNG

I demand an apology.

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on May 29, 2012, 03:57:43 PM
Quote from: Grzrd on May 28, 2012, 08:06:48 PM
In looking at MoDOT's 2013-17 Draft STIP, I noticed what appears to be a Bella Vista Bypass project slated for the 7/2014 to 6/2015 time period (page 11/27 of pdf)
I spoke with a MoDOT individual today and he confirmed that the above 2015 project in the Draft STIP is for the Bella Vista Bypass. However, it is contingent on whether Arkansas will have construction under way to the state line by that time. As he put it, there is no need to build it to a dead-end and have it sit for a long time. MoDOT already has the money set aside and will build the entire four lanes even if Arkansas has to stay at two lanes for a while.
Quote from: Grzrd on November 07, 2012, 07:13:16 AM
Quote from: Grzrd on June 19, 2012, 11:18:56 AM
Move Arkansas Forward has a Proposed Constitutional Fact Sheet #1 that lists by region the four-lane highway projects that would be supported by the half-cent sales tax to be voted on in November (pages 6-7/88 of pdf; pages 4-5 of document):
Four-Lane Projects of Regional Significance
Northwest Arkansas
• Completion of the initial two lanes of the ultimate four lanes of the Bella Vista bypass
This article reports that Issue No.1 was approved by the voters
(second quote from Arkansas thread)

Since Arkansas now has the funding mechanism set up for two lanes of its section of the Bella Vista Bypass, it looks like Missouri should begin construction on its section of the Bella Vista Bypass by July, 2014, if not sooner.

ShawnP

Missouri should shuffle it's money now and start next summer. Construction rates are still low and they can save long term money.

kharvey10

after going through a small local gas station off I-40 near TN/NC border earlier this summer I would rather prefer a large travel stop or a rest area.

O Tamandua

This sign is interesting because its on the (current) southernmost i_49 Missouri exit/entrance at Pineville, on State Highway H to Noel with my phone camera facing east.  About 1/2 mile south of the bridge are the northbound lane rock cuts and the (currently blocked) southbound exit ramp for the future Bella Vista, AR, bypass, which has FINALLY gotten funding this month.  The Wildwood Estates subdivision stone entrance signs are immediately right of this.  "Bagged" blue signs were up at every turnoff (Goodman, Camp Crowder) I saw this past weekend before turning at the latter to head for Springfield.  Pineville is the last Missouri zip code north of the Arkansas state line at Bella Vista.

Scott5114

You can even see the 49 through the tarp if you look closely enough. Looks like no state name though. Rats.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

route56

We've got tarped-up I-49 shields here posted up here on the north end, too. Pics forthcoming.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

O Tamandua

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 15, 2012, 09:39:36 AM
You can even see the 49 through the tarp if you look closely enough. Looks like no state name though. Rats.

Last night I drove through Anderson, MO southbound on business 71 near McDonald County High School.  Somehow, the tarp had been removed off one of the blue signs on the turnoff east to Cassville that crosses over future I-49 with exits.  I noticed that the red area indeed says "Interstate".

rickmastfan67

Quote from: O Tamandua on November 19, 2012, 05:23:34 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 15, 2012, 09:39:36 AM

Last night I drove through Anderson, MO southbound on business 71 near McDonald County High School.  Somehow, the tarp had been removed off one of the blue signs on the turnoff east to Cassville that crosses over future I-49 with exits.  I noticed that the red area indeed says "Interstate".

What he was hoping for was for the State Name below the "Interstate" text like this I-76 shield.

Grzrd

In case anyone might want to attend the I-49 Unveiling Ceremony:

Unveiling Ceremony:
12 noon, Dec. 12, 2012
Joplin East Middle School
7501 E. 26th Street

Note: As I post this, the webpage has an I-44 shield instead of an I-49 shield:

edit - added above screen capture

US71

Quote from: Grzrd on November 20, 2012, 04:58:43 PM
In case anyone might want to attend the I-49 Unveiling Ceremony:

Unveiling Ceremony:
12 noon, Dec. 12, 2012
Joplin East Middle School
7501 E. 26th Street

Note: As I post this, the webpage has an I-44 shield instead of an I-49 shield.

I received a Press Release yesterday at the Route TT Interchange has been completed. :)

O Tamandua

Here's one thing I'm going to be curious on now that you mention I-44.  At the current U.S. 71 southbound interchange just east of Joplin there is a big sign that indicates the turnoff to (as I recall) Neosho and Fort Smith.  Right before it is a small sign for Fayetteville.

Northwest Arkansas (as it's known) has grown so much that there's now about 500,000 in the Rogers/Bentonville/Fayetteville area with about 290,000 in the Fort Smith area.  I wonder if we'll lose the little "Fayetteville" sign and the city name makes it up to the newer I-49 southbound signs alongside Fort Smith.  Doubt we'll see a turnoff to "Northwest Arkansas".  Just curious to see what we'll see on the new signs at the soon to be brand-new I-44/I-49 southbound junction.

US71

Quote from: O Tamandua on November 20, 2012, 08:34:48 PM
Here's one thing I'm going to be curious on now that you mention I-44.  At the current U.S. 71 southbound interchange just east of Joplin there is a big sign that indicates the turnoff to (as I recall) Neosho and Fort Smith.  Right before it is a small sign for Fayetteville.

Northwest Arkansas (as it's known) has grown so much that there's now about 500,000 in the Rogers/Bentonville/Fayetteville area with about 290,000 in the Fort Smith area.  I wonder if we'll lose the little "Fayetteville" sign and the city name makes it up to the newer I-49 southbound signs alongside Fort Smith.  Doubt we'll see a turnoff to "Northwest Arkansas".  Just curious to see what we'll see on the new signs at the soon to be brand-new I-44/I-49 southbound junction.

The new signs are in place, waiting for I-49 to be added. It's still Neosho/ Ft Smith

Road Hog

It's the old newspaper in me, but I HATE seeing Fort abbreviated in signs.

roadman65

Wow I am impressed that a major chunk of the big gap from Shreveport and Kansas City is almost near completed.  Once, I-49 is in Missouri and the rest of the LA section is tied in with AR 549 almost two thirds of the proposed interstate extension (not counting the Layfayette to New Orleans section) will be done.

My opinion is that they should built a new freeway connection to the existing US 71 at Carthage from MO 249 or upgrade the US 71 and MO 249 expressway and bring MO 249 up to standards.  This will eliminate the I-44 overlap and continuing through one lane ramps.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.