Clearview in Louisiana (I-49 southbound, US 190 eastbound, St. Landry Parish)

Started by lamsalfl, June 13, 2010, 02:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamsalfl

Truvelo

The 5th picture appears to contain Highway Gothic unless I'm mistaken
Speed limits limit life

lamsalfl

agentsteel53

and an outline shield.  When does LA use the white shields, and when do they use the outline ones?  I've never noticed a pattern to it.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

UptownRoadGeek

That's actually scary, lol. New signs in my area are still gothic so far.
The outlines are old and were replaced with the white ones. Outlines that weren't replaced often pop up in rural areas.

Anthony_JK

They haven't gotten yet to switching out the BGS's on the overhead gantries yet...I guess they are saving that for later.

And, they are gradually switching out the "outline" state signs for white ones....just as they are taking their time with switching out the green state desigation signs with the black and white. They have placed a few over at the Creswell Lane (LA 31) interchange with I-49/US 167.

Anthony

lamsalfl

When all the signs on I-10 were changed in Slidell in late 2009 (or early 2010), they still use the old font.  This includes brand new overheads that replaced ground level signage.

UptownRoadGeek

Maybe it's district thing since clearview seems to only be popping up up around  Lafayette. They've been replacing BGS overheads and road signs around  here all year still using the old fonts. To be honest, I don't want to see it here unless they switch to uniform sigh heights and wide exit tabs. I don't see that happening and if it did we'd really look like LaDOTD was trying to be like TxDOT as if they aren't. New Orleans area freeways feel to gothic for clearview, but it would probably look nice in Baton Rouge. On another note, I saw my first black and white state shield in New Orleans. :(

Hot Rod Hootenanny

That sign for the US 190 exit (5th picture down), just looks plain ugly.  Spacing is off or something.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

lamsalfl

Quote from: osu-lsu on June 14, 2010, 01:08:07 PM
That sign for the US 190 exit (5th picture down), just looks plain ugly.  Spacing is off or something.

You hate my sign?  :(

agentsteel53

the shield is too small, and putting the arrow next to one city but not the other forces the spacing between cities to be abnormally large, as well as gives an unbalanced look.

I won't even get into the inherent ugliness of the 1970-spec bloater shield.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

brownpelican

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on June 13, 2010, 10:55:00 PM
Maybe it's district thing since clearview seems to only be popping up up around  Lafayette. They've been replacing BGS overheads and road signs around  here all year still using the old fonts. To be honest, I don't want to see it here unless they switch to uniform sigh heights and wide exit tabs. I don't see that happening and if it did we'd really look like LaDOTD was trying to be like TxDOT as if they aren't. New Orleans area freeways feel to gothic for clearview, but it would probably look nice in Baton Rouge. On another note, I saw my first black and white state shield in New Orleans. :(

They're slowly popping up on the Northshore...mainly with points of interest/attractions.

codyg1985

I noticed that Baton Rouge uses Clearview on its street signs mounted on traffic signal mast arms (most of them backlit).
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.