News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Tenn: Lack of clearance signage

Started by Brian556, June 25, 2010, 09:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

I've noticed that in Tennessee they almost never sign clearances. Even in the below instance of a bridge that was getting hit frequently, they post "TRUCKS THAT HIT THIS WILL HIT BRIDGE" bit still don't sign the actual clearance. :pan:

The below sign is located at US 72 & I-24 in Kimball, TN

US71

Quote from: Brian556 on June 25, 2010, 09:03:07 PM
I've noticed that in Tennessee they almost never sign clearances. Even in the below instance of a bridge that was getting hit frequently, they post "TRUCKS THAT HIT THIS WILL HIT BRIDGE" bit still don't sign the actual clearance. :pan:

For Low Clearances, that's strange, but I believe bridges above a certain clearance don't need to be posted.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Sykotyk

They put that in there because of the frequency of hits or 'back outs' from the bridge. But yeah, many states are horrible are posting not only clearances, but also advanced warning at the last most logical intersection available to move vehicles from approaching the bridge.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.