News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Red county routes

Started by Alps, August 21, 2010, 08:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

I've noticed that Alabama uses red shields for a few county routes.  I've tried to figure out if there's a pattern to it - do they lead to firehouses, are they dead-ends, and so far I can't come to any definite conclusion.  Anyone?

froggie

Where specifically did you see these?  I don't ever recall coming upon any during my Deep South years.  For that matter, the only location in Alabama where I saw a county route shield that was something other than the blue pentagon was in far southern Washington County where a couple routes were marked with white triangles instead.

Alps

In Cherokee County (and possibly others), black on white pentagons are used for driveways.  The gold-on-red pentagon was on US 278 EB in Cullman County, but I saw a few others as well (don't know where).  Co Rd 1168, a short dead-end a few miles west of I-65, if you're looking on Google Maps.

barcncpt44

Cleburne County uses white on green for driveways and in Dekalb County the county shield is used and the words Dekalb County is taken out.

A bland smile is like a green light at an intersection, it feels good when you get one, but you forget it the moment you're past it. -Doug Coupland

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.