Getting your wallet ruined by bubble gum

Started by bandit957, December 22, 2016, 10:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Have any of you ever gotten your wallet ruined by a chewed wad of bubble gum?

In gym class in high school, we were required to leave our wallets in our pants pocket unattended in the locker room. Over and over again, someone kept sticking chewed wads of bubble gum in my pocket, which stuck to my wallet and ruined it, in addition to ruining my pants. When I pulled my wallet out, a big strand of bubble gum connected it with the inside of my pocket. Surprisingly, I didn't notice any money taken out of the wallet.

I remember one time, it was fluorescent green bubble gum, which everyone chewed back then.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Scott5114

No, but I had a trombone slide get lost under the bleachers at a football game once. It fell into the bed of a pickup truck, which drove away not too long after, so lots of people were searching but never found it. Eventually the man who owned the truck found it and mailed it to the school.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

I think one semester of PE was required at my high school, and we did have to change in the locker room, but I think we used lockers that could actually lock (ISTR having a combination lock).  I rarely chewed bubble gum and never hung out with the folks who would be easily amused by bubble-gum pranks.

I have used the same leather wallet since college at least (possibly since late high school), and while I would not characterize it as "ruined," it is very well-worn, and in my front pocket it has gotten soggy with sweat on a number of hot summer days.  I have also had problems with a leather belt of similar vintage that has left sweat stains on shirts, trousers, and car seats when I have driven in high temperatures without effective A/C.  For summer long-distance driving I now wear a special "sweat costume" without belt.  Profuse sweating has an amazing and rather appalling ability to cause dye shifts in fabric.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

slorydn1

Funny you mention wallets from high school. Until about 3 years ago I still carried the multicolored fabric 1980's style wallet that I had received as a Christmas present my freshman year of high school (1984), just to carry cash in, my important items are in my departmental credential case. My wife finally put a stop to that and bought me a nice leather wallet for Fathers Day.  No gum incidents here, I am happy to report.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

kphoger

Quote from: bandit957 on December 22, 2016, 10:46:49 PM
Over and over again, someone kept sticking chewed wads of bubble gum in my pocket

Someone needs to make a movie about your school years.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.