News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

IL 141 - IN 62 Wabash bridge to go to autmomated tolls

Started by Revive 755, December 10, 2010, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Brandon

I-Pass/I-Zoom is easy to use and already in use by both states.  A bias against the northern parts of each state?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

mightyace

^^^

Plus, since I-Pass/I-Zoom are effectively just rebranded EZ-Pass or 100% compatible, if you prefer; it would give a large percentage of out of towners compatibility.  However, given how isolated the bridge is compared to other toll facilities, perhaps they didn't think it was an issue.

Case in point, I didn't even know there was a toll bridge in that area until I saw the original post in this thread.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

mukade

Quote from: mightyace on December 14, 2010, 05:36:19 PM
^^^

Plus, since I-Pass/I-Zoom are effectively just rebranded EZ-Pass or 100% compatible, if you prefer; it would give a large percentage of out of towners compatibility.  However, given how isolated the bridge is compared to other toll facilities, perhaps they didn't think it was an issue.

Case in point, I didn't even know there was a toll bridge in that area until I saw the original post in this thread.

I have an iZoom transponder, but that is a bing honkin RFID tag, and it costs some money. The article about the Wabash Bridge cited states "the transponder looks like an oil change sticker". My guess is that these sticker tags cost the authority no more than a dollar or two. The antennas on the RFID tag don't need to be as big because speeds are much lower, and probably the antennas attached to the reader are not placed as high. Bottom line is that it most likely is a much cheaper solution to deploy. As long as it works, that is good business from their perspective.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.