News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Exit Numbers on US 69/75 in Oklahoma

Started by US71, June 02, 2018, 09:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I noticed this past weekend that US 69/75 now has numbered exits and mileposts between the Texas State Line and OK 22 at Caddo. The road isn't fully controlled access, but all the exits have numbers.  While not an exit, MM 10 is posted at Main St in Calera.

I tried to get at least one photo of each exit and will be compiling a list in a few days.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Road Hog

Up until about 8 years ago 69 was mileposted all the way from the Red River to Checotah and beyond, but there were no exit numbers. The mileposts were removed for some reason.

Brian556

They are replacing all large guide signs on a long stretch of US 69. All the new ones have exit numbers, even on the sections that only have isolated exits, such as the Army Ammunition Depot. The exit signs have numbers at least to I-40 now. Cant remember if they went any further

US71

Quote from: Brian556 on June 07, 2018, 04:49:29 PM
They are replacing all large guide signs on a long stretch of US 69. All the new ones have exit numbers, even on the sections that only have isolated exits, such as the Army Ammunition Depot. The exit signs have numbers at least to I-40 now. Cant remember if they went any further

That must be in the last week.  On the 29th, the last posted exit was #26 OK 22 Caddo/Kenefic.  There was a VMS at Kiowa saying something about "sign work next 44 miles". Guess I'll have to investigate this weekend.

US71

UPDATE

Exits are now posted from the US Army Ammunition Plant south of McAlester to OK 9A at Eufaula. It's still very much a "work in progress". Also caught an error north of McAlester: Business US 69 is posted on the exit signs as OK69B. Free standing signs still show Business US 69.

Oh, and the services signs at McAlester have been corrected to the proper exit numbers, though they don't quite line up. NB 69, there's a Right exit for Exit 90, but a Left exit is posted as Exit 88

rte66man

Quote from: US71 on June 29, 2018, 09:14:42 PM
UPDATE
Oh, and the services signs at McAlester have been corrected to the proper exit numbers, though they don't quite line up. NB 69, there's a Right exit for Exit 90, but a Left exit is posted as Exit 88

I was in McAlester yesterday for the first time since the work south of US270 started.  I thought it was weird to have an Exit number for a J-turn.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.