News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Enhanced Sign Maker

Started by simguy228, November 15, 2009, 07:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simguy228

I'm now starting the Enhanced Sign Maker Project on java.net. But I want to show developement pics. as well as test files. We may start tomorrow @ 3:15 P.M EST (3:15 because of work) ;-) :sombrero:
Lovable. Truthful. Great, SC4
[acronym=Simple Machines Forum]SMF[/acronym]

City

Cool. It'd be nice to see a nicer, newer, and better signmaker to benefeit amateur sign illustrators. Do you have a list of things you are going to put in it?

simguy228

I will by tomorrow

Simguy

Well, here are a couple of the things that will be in it:
All arrows used by AASHTO
All diagrammical arrows used by AASHTO
Exit only panels
All 50 of the State-specific designs to choose from
All symbols and panel colors used on signs (Truck rollover symbols etc.)
U.S Route, Interstate, All 50 state highway shields (Including the custom toll shields used by certian states), provincial highway shields, and Trans-Canada Highway Shields

Scott5114

It's certainly a nice thought, but will it ever see the light of day? Scott Oglesby stopped developing SignMaker for a reason, probably because of either lack of time and resolve to continue development, or because adding anything else would be technically difficult...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

agentsteel53

seems like a lot of effort, when Inkscape could do the job just as well.  A lot of the forms are already floating around out there in SVG format...
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

froggie

I say give him the chance, and if it flops, it flops.

agentsteel53

Quote from: froggie on November 16, 2009, 04:29:48 PM
I say give him the chance, and if it flops, it flops.

alas no, since I have magical genie powers, I unplugged that corner of the internet, so he won't be able to work on it. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

simguy228

Okay! I'm back. Sorry for being away. Anyways, the project is inactive until further notice. My laptop has a "major" power problem. For now, I'll be borrowing my brother's laptop
    -Sorry for the inconvience
     Kaleb

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.