News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Why Roadgeeks Should Be SME (Subj Matter Experts) for Legislators: Route 710

Started by cahwyguy, November 28, 2019, 12:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke87

Quote from: roadfro on November 29, 2019, 04:59:11 AM
This seems like a good reason for not having routes be legislatively defined.

Ding ding ding!

This is needless micromanagement on the part of people who, as the highest-level rulemakers in the state, should be concerned with higher level matters than where exactly a specific route designation goes.

Let the DOT determine that.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Duke87 on December 06, 2019, 08:41:48 PM
Quote from: roadfro on November 29, 2019, 04:59:11 AM
This seems like a good reason for not having routes be legislatively defined.

Ding ding ding!

This is needless micromanagement on the part of people who, as the highest-level rulemakers in the state, should be concerned with higher level matters than where exactly a specific route designation goes.

It doesn't help that the DOT that was probably capable of managing to do that was neutered into Caltrans.  The differences in ambition between the Department of Public Works/Division of Highways are really striking.  I'm

oscar

Quote from: Duke87 on December 06, 2019, 08:41:48 PM

Not so "needless" if you're a South Pasadena resident who's been doing battle with Caltrans for ages, and appreciate the legislature's awarding you a permanent victory over Caltrans. Of course, if the legislature feels it has to enact a law resolving that long-running controversy, it should at least do a better job at it.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.