News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Spring 2010 Baltimore meet

Started by Alps, October 23, 2009, 09:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

Quote from: hbelkins on February 05, 2010, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: dougtone on February 05, 2010, 02:44:22 PM

I tend to like hockey just as much as I like roads.  If there was a way I could fit in both the meet and the game, that would be best.  This would be much better achieved by having the meet a different weekend than the game.

Who's playing, anyway?

New Jersey Devils and New York Islanders.  The Islanders to me is like University of Kentucky sports for you.

froggie

And therein lies the dilemma, if you will.  Take in the hockies, but have fewer people at the meet?  Or have more people at the meet, but not make it to the hockies?  (though with the latter, we have an opportunity to attend the baseballs)

hbelkins

Quote from: dougtone on February 06, 2010, 04:18:07 AM
New Jersey Devils and New York Islanders.  The Islanders to me is like University of Kentucky sports for you.

I didn't realize they were still playing regular season games that late in the year.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

Quote from: froggie on February 06, 2010, 12:06:02 PM
And therein lies the dilemma, if you will.  Take in the hockies, but have fewer people at the meet?  Or have more people at the meet, but not make it to the hockies?  (though with the latter, we have an opportunity to attend the baseballs)

Baseball has been dead to me since the players strike back in the mid 90s.

froggie

Hockey regular season typically goes into the first or second week of April as it is.  Another factor to consider this year is the break for the Olympics.

MDRoads

Quote from: hbelkins on February 06, 2010, 08:22:05 PM
Quote from: froggie on February 06, 2010, 12:06:02 PM

Baseball has been dead to me since the players strike back in the mid 90s.

I could make just about any date you come up with.  No preference, but 4/10 sounds fine.  Dropped my O's season tix this year; I won't be  missing anything but the terminus of I-395.

Ian

Steve, do you know what time of day the meet will take place?
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

Meets generally take place from 12-6 or 6:30 (based on the date).  I don't plan on having a morning meet like has been done lately, just a lunch and tour.  It also sounds like the baseball game doesn't particularly interest people... I haven't seen a game at Camden Yards myself, but that early in the year, it could be too cold at night for a game.  Also, you'd start running into game traffic by 5:30 or 6...

Ian

I see. Do you also know where we will be meeting?
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

Will be announcing that once I get a firm hold on the date.  I also want to scout down there before picking the restaurant.

Ian

Youtube l Flickr

Alps

Based on the feedback once I tallied all the votes, it looks like we'll get enough people either weekend for a fun time.  Therefore, due to personal preference and enjoyment of hockey, the meet will be April 17.  Meet time will be 12 noon, and I'll make an official announcement in a few weeks once I get down there to find a meeting point and put together the itinerary.

hbelkins

Quote from: AlpsROADS on February 10, 2010, 11:14:36 AM
Based on the feedback once I tallied all the votes, it looks like we'll get enough people either weekend for a fun time.  Therefore, due to personal preference and enjoyment of hockey, the meet will be April 17.  Meet time will be 12 noon, and I'll make an official announcement in a few weeks once I get down there to find a meeting point and put together the itinerary.

Not the date I was hoping for, but I understand your reasoning. I may try to make it work and do my Maryland-and-Jersey county collecting trip if there is a Philly/SEPA meeting elsewhen in the spring.

PAHighways

Quote from: AlpsROADS on February 10, 2010, 11:14:36 AMTherefore, due to personal preference and enjoyment of hockey, the meet will be April 17.

I had the State College Meet, fittingly enough, in the midst of last year's Turnpike series.

Thankfully I could get WXDX on my phone, since the Hilton Garden Inn didn't provide FSN Pittsburgh nor Versus.

Roadgeek Adam

If I am able to get a ride from somebody, I would prefer the 17th
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Ian

So the meet is definetely on the 17th? I can't make it if it is the 10th, I found out that I may attend a signal fan meet in Philadelphia that weekend. So, 17th for me, even though it already looks as if is going to be then.
Youtube l Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.