News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Impromptu northeast NJ pre-birthday meet

Started by Alps, January 27, 2011, 09:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

After attending a presentation tonight, I was inspired to check out St. Paul's viaduct construction (US 1&9T by the Tonnelle Circle/Pulaski Skyway), and decided to invite a few people.  Aw, heck, I decided to make it into a meet and threw in a few other goodies.  This'll be a full afternoon - just hope it doesn't snow!

http://tinyurl.com/alpstripfeb5 has the itinerary.  We meet at Skyway Diner at noon on Saturday, February 5.  (Knowing the date's important, eh?)  Please RSVP to me, replying to this thread is fine, so I have an idea of head count.  If the responses get high enough I'll move the meet to a different diner just because Skyway isn't the largest - but it sure has the best view!  Bring your boots and winter coats, we'll be walking.

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Dr Frankenstein

Too broke to make it, but I hope you have a great time!

Alps

Just a heads up that the weather is currently predicted as "mixed snow/rain." No idea what that means or how it might change. Stay tuned, I'll make the final call Friday night.

Alps

Weather is gloomy but it won't stop me. So come one, come all!

Ian

Quote from: AlpsROADS on February 04, 2011, 05:58:19 PM
Weather is gloomy but it won't stop me. So come one, come all!

It's likely that I'll be able to make it. I just hope the roads aren't too bad.
Youtube l Flickr

akotchi

As much as I was looking forward to this, I need to bow out.  I twisted my knee during my bowling league last night and am not getting around very well.  I don't want to chance slippery surfaces.

Sorry.  I was looking forward to the opportunity to share my project experience with the group.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Duke87

Forecast seems to be for it to be just rain in the afternoon. So, the meet itself should be fine.

On the other hand, I am coming from Connecticut, and do not know what conditions will look like up here tomorrow morning. I suspect it will simply be a matter of having to leave earlier, but nothing is certain. I will be there if I can, but if I don't show up, don't wait around for me.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

Appreciation to those who were able to show up. I had fun climbing out on cold, wet (but not too slippery) US 1/9 Truck just before it partially opens and overall I think we'd all agree the meet went very well. Saw everything with plenty of daylight, and for those who didn't make this little hastily assembled gathering, there's a much more organized one coming up in a month in that other thread.

Ian

Youtube l Flickr

Laura

I wish I would have seen this thread, or would have found out about it somehow before now, because I definitely could have made it. This is what I get for not being around for a couple of weeks, alas :(

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.